Backyard Today, courtesy of Joe Marques.....

Well, I for one am GLAD he went and did what he did. This morning FedEx arrived, and in, of all things a B&H box, I find a 70-200 VR. So, being the obedient husband that I am I claim that I need a break from my yard work and take some time for a lens test :lol: . First thing, I'd best read the book regarding how the VR works, because just switching between the two modes caused me no end of confusion :? :?

However, all in all, a big Thank You Joe :!:

These were all handheld, the D2H with the TC14E atttached.

Do you think Joe ripped me off :?: :?: :?: :wink:

European Starling:
EuropeanStarling7518Frame.sized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, it's not a bird, but I like the water drops and this is at minimum focus distance:
Flower7514Frame.sized.jpg

Pine Siskin, I was at 2.5m from this bird, minimum set on focus limiter:
PineSiskin1565Frame.sized.jpg

Group Dining, focus was on bird on the left, yellow bits:
PineSiskins1558Frame.sized.jpg

Please send an additional $100. That lens has made you more skilled and I demand extra compensation. ;)

As for VR - just use mode 1 unless YOU are moving.

Enjoy the lens Bill. :D

Hey, It's got to be the lens.... :lol:

Actually, this is one fine lens. I love mine. I just wish that Nikon made a 28-70VR. If they did, I'd be seriously concerned about my credit card balance, because that would one killer lens if it was anything like the 70-200VR.

Nikon - Are you listening??

Bill, I'm afraid I've gotta disagree with the above postings. It's clear to me that Joe has ripped you off.

Here's what I propose. I'll send you a reasonable sum and you send the lens to me. Just call it my public-spiritednesssessessess.

Oh nice shots though. It's a good thing you're such a talented photographer given the obvious crappy quality of the lens.

Neil

Welcome to the club Bill, looks like your loaded for bear, no pun..........nice shots, you will come to luv it!! Got your pkg today, looks GREAT, thanks Bill!! Just going to try the slaves as we speak!

Keith

Keith R. said:
Welcome to the club Bill, looks like your loaded for bear, no pun..........nice shots, you will come to luv it!! Got your pkg today, looks GREAT, thanks Bill!! Just going to try the slaves as we speak!

Keith

Thanks, Keith, and I'm sure those slaves will treat you well. You can use them for all sorts of things you know, but they aren't worth a darn for carrying your heavy camera equipment around......

Funny how someone can turn that little word "slave" around, ain't it :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol:

Joe Marques said:
Please send an additional $100. That lens has made you more skilled and I demand extra compensation. ;)

Joe, the check is in the mail, but it is coming by slow-boat via Eastern Nowheresville, so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, however, thank you very much.

Thanks for the VR tip, but which is Mode 1? I haven't read the manual yet, but on the lens I see Normal and Active. Is Mode 1 Normal?

greyflash said:
Joe has conned us all. I always thought is was his skill that took such great images, now I find out it was the lens.

Well, Gordon and Frank, I've been telling you how good the Sigma is as well, right :?: :?:

Heck I'm just the nut that pushes the buttons :lol:

Thanks, and having less weight than the 80-200 is nice as well.

Flew said:
Hey, It's got to be the lens.... :lol:

Actually, this is one fine lens. I love mine. I just wish that Nikon made a 28-70VR. If they did, I'd be seriously concerned about my credit card balance, because that would one killer lens if it was anything like the 70-200VR.

Nikon - Are you listening??

I can't believe how short-sighted (and lensed) you are. I want a 1-1500mm f1.0 AFS DX VR G ED BQ Y lens. Since it will be G and DX they can keep it nice and small and priced at $1500. Quite being a piker Frank. If you are going to dream, dream BIG :lol: :lol:

Given that those shots are from a 10 minute test, I'm pretty impressed. This probably means that next 20,000 will be fuzzy as pussy-willows :wink:

NeilCam said:
Bill, I'm afraid I've gotta disagree with the above postings. It's clear to me that Joe has ripped you off.

Here's what I propose. I'll send you a reasonable sum and you send the lens to me. Just call it my public-spiritednesssessessess.

Oh nice shots though. It's a good thing you're such a talented photographer given the obvious crappy quality of the lens.

Neil

Sounds like a VERY good idea to me, Neil. Let's see 125000.00 sounds quite reasonable to me. You can pay via Paypal and I will ship right away to your confirmed address. Then I can by a 24-120VR and be all ste, right????

Thanks, Neil.....

DAMN I WANT A 70-200 VR VR VR... GRRRRRRRR

BILL YOU GOT IT BEFORE I SAW IT OR IT WOULD BE MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL SHOTS.

Very nice for a shaky old s.o.b! ;)

I can see you're gonna have a long affair with this lens. It's probably gonna do fine at the dog trials too, huh?

Retief said:
Joe Marques said:

Joe, the check is in the mail, but it is coming by slow-boat via Eastern Nowheresville, so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, however, thank you very much.

Thanks for the VR tip, but which is Mode 1? I haven't read the manual yet, but on the lens I see Normal and Active. Is Mode 1 Normal?

Sorry, mode 1 and 2 is Canon lingo (my 300 f4 IS). Normal is what you should be using. Active is when you are actively moving (on a boat, in a car, etc.).

Latest threads

Top Bottom