Bad bears bad again

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Lou Buscher, Aug 1, 2007.

1. OK its time for the shotgun. (Awhh just kidding) but it is time to stop feeding the birds as this threesome will continue to destroy what ever I put up. Another broad daylight attack.
    Lou

1 I took this through a plastic window on the storm door as I did no want to open the door and scare her. This is Mom and she has my coffee can in a bad way.
    976122016_e1d0fbba68_o.

2 I open a window and that is all it took, were leaving says Mom
    976122054_a6cd75b370_o.

3 I said lets go, listen to your Mom or you will end up as bear pie. (little blur but a keeper)
    976122198_683bd77acf_o.

4 But Mom cries one little guy
    976122068_1705a9d7c3_o.

2. Oh wow, Lou. I think you're right about ending your bird feeding!

3. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Nastiest things we get in a UK garden is a tetchy squirrel.
    I bet you're glad they are not Grizzlies?
    Best regards
    Andy

4. HA HA Stephanie not at all as in the summer the birds get about 85% of there food from a natural sorce but the winter is a big help to them. This is not new to me as I have been living with the bears for 37 years now and enjoy them very much and in all those years only one close encounter and my fault. Take a look at this link ans click on the slide show, you'll like it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/loub/sets/72157600399142528/

Lou

5. Actually Andy I have looked at the stats for bear fatallies to people going back to the 1940s and believe it or not more people are killed by the black bear than any other. Check the link I put on Stephanies post and click on the slide show. Fun Thanks for the look

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are awfull big squirrels..hahahahaha
    Amazing the balance on the railing.
    What devils they are.
    I would have never thought they get into a bird feeder, of all things.
    Great shots.
    Thanks

Super slide show
    The little ones looking right at you is to cute and momma is looking at you to good...lol

7. Yep, Lou, it's time to stop feeding the bears!

8. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    You got some might big chipmunks there Lou. Maybe cut down on the Miracle Gro in the garden.

9. Thanks for the look Gale. Yes in that slide show is a female that I was about 10 feet from before I realized she had two cubs. That was one of the most diffacult times I ever had with a black bear. I was very lucky to get out of that spot with out getting a charge from her. Its the one standing in front of the wagon wheel and has her backside hairs up at me. I can still remember that instant and backing out slowly.
    Lou

10. Yeah Dave you got that right for sure. I would expect maybe one or two more visits before they take me out of their route. Thanks for the look
    Lou

11. WOW Baxter
    Good God if chipmunks ever got that big they would rule the world and get rid of all the terroists and the bald eagle would still be on the threatned list.
    Thank you for looking.
    Lou

12. Nice captures -- You live in a rough neighborhood!

PaulC

13. Nice series. I think I would feel both excited and a bit scared with bears in the garden.

14. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nice series - I bet they would like a watermellon....

15. WOW, dunno what I'd do if I had these critters on my porch! I'd recommend calling the game warden or something. Great photos though!

16. Thanks Paul well it's not rough but just the woods. Now big city life can be a tough deal:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

17. Nothing wrong with that Daniel just get the photo:wink: Thanks for the look
    Lou

18. Now Mark what makes you think that???:biggrin: They kind of like dead things and bird seed and I have seen them take a new fawn. They also have a few people to their credit also. Fun to watch the cubs but I need to drive them off.
    Lou

19. O comeon Dianne you know you would grab a camera and take a photo.:wink: The game warden=== what is that???:biggrin: No really the only time the DEC is called in is if you get a bad one. Like one that won't stop eating my neighbors chickens and sending a big dog to the vet. They useally end up being shot.
    Thanks for the look
    Lou

20. Well, of course I'd grab a photo! But geez, I'd be afraid they'd decide they wanna come into the house - then I'd panic!