Bad camera, bad night

For the first time, I can unequivacably say my pictures from an entire shoot suck. Forget about making the camera sing, it wouldn't even do karaoke

It was a horrible track meet, sun coming straight into the camera, didn't matter what I did, manual, semi manual, sports mode, it just wasn't working tonight. Then while processing, the pictures all look overly saturated. Given up about 1/3 of the way through.

My little girl is so close to the school record in several events, and tonight the 200 would had a slight wind advantage, but apparently she's got the same sinus infection as the wife... Still got close 28.8 v 28.1

Then driving home, the oldest is driving {learners permit}, and my wife goes into her bag to get some Tylenol. Oldest is screaming, don't go in my bag. Hmmm, wonder if my suspicions about where the cigarette ashes on the boat came from are accurate....

Think I'm going to go write a country music hit.

oh, and I forgot, in several events they were calling the other team in 1st place when in fact we took first. I had one pic, 15' away from the finish line our girl was in the lead by 3 or 4 feet, and zoomed in on her at the finish. If I hadn't zoomed, we would have had a photo finish proof. Didn't matter, our kids stomped their kids, LOL

hey sorry to hear about your day being so lousy. prayin your next one is a little better.

It was. Jus refinished the swim platform, literally looks like a piece of furniture. Ashes stood out like a sore thumb. This kid is a parenting challenge.

I don't think he was questioning whether they were ashes. I think he was hoping that they were cigarette ashes as opposed to ashes from possibly an illegal substance.

I don't think he was questioning whether they were ashes. I think he was hoping that they were cigarette ashes as opposed to ashes from possibly an illegal substance.

I did understand the implied reference, and thought it was answered with the first sentence, albeit as brief as it was. Thank you for the clarification.

We had an interesting chat this afternoon. My wife and I are amazing at our ability to play off each other. Kids most of the time don't see it coming, what looks like potential disagreement is simultaneous flanking maneuver, most of the time without prior discussion.

:redface: Oops...sorry, thought you missed the implied reference. So, a little good cop bad cop action? Did it work?

Me Cussing....Just accidently deleted a long well thought out note :(

It's still going on. She wrote a 2 page letter to my wife, who is still pretending to be ignoring her, and claiming to not have read the letter. It's driving her crazy...

We go through this about quarterly, with both kids pushing hard at boundaries. Pushing so hard, jail time for killing em is beginning to look good :) We live in an extremely conflicted environment, with a lot of haves and have nots. In a normal environment, we would be considered strict and controlling. Among our peers, we are the worst. The intersting note about the haves and have nots, they both treat raising thier kids in the same manner, it's somebody elses problem.

Stick to it. It will be worth it. (I keep telling myself that....)

My daughter made an interesting observation once. She said...if one of my teachers called you, you'd be up at the school asking what I did.

If one of my teachers called most of my friend's parents, they'd be up there asking why the teacher was picking on their kid. Their kids never do anything wrong, according to them.

Accountability. What a concept. I don't think some "parents" are doing their kids any favors....

Latest threads

Top Bottom