Bad dream

A few days ago I dropped my D800E off at the local shop I'd bought it from last year, and have had this unsettling feeling about being without my baby ever since. Kind of like a parent when their kids away for first day of kindergarten.

A spot had developed on the sensor, and both my and a repair shop's attempts to remove it weren't successful, so its off to Nikon.

My ill-at-ease feelings peaked last night, I hope. I had a dream that I'd met an old shooting colleague at some kind of festival, and put my camera bag under the seat next to where I was sitting, only to realize it had disappeared. :eek: No more 14-24, 28-70, 80-200, 300, 8mm fisheye, etc... I just realized it was all gone. A photographers lifetime flashed before my eyes, then I woke in a sweaty, gut wrenching panic.

Am I losing my mind? Are material possessions too important to me?

You are terminal! NAS already spread to your brain and there are metastases all over. All you can do now is to get yourself comfortable with your Nikon gear and if things get worse you need to buy more! It will alleviate your pain for a while. Good insurance can help a little too. When things get real bad, you need to get yourself to B&H. They are helping NAS sufferers from all over the world. The treatment cold be very costly, so get your mortgage application ready. Other than that, there is nothing anybody can do.
:505:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom