Bad feeling...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frits, Sep 10, 2008.

1. "I feel as if the world is tumbling down on me..."

original.jpg

2. great title Frits. The compund angles make it a very ominoous shot

3. And the light is oh so blue!!

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I don't know what that is, but I'm getting dizzy looking at it:eek:

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I'm with Bob on this one, there's some crazy geometry going on here

Fine work Frits

6. hawley088

hawley088

Sep 9, 2008
    PA
    "woah!" was my first reaction, i didnt know what to expect as i scrolled down to see the rest of the image. maybe a slight crop would make it that much better if you tried to eliminate that piece of the builing or whatever it is at the bottom left corner and going up about 1/2 the picture? just an idea

nice picture tho

7. Looking at it, my sense of balance gets messed up:biggrin:
    Very cool shot Frits!

8. Too much vino, Frits? It's making me dizzy, but I gotta love it.

9. Thanks all!
    I agree that the piece of building is somewhat disturbing. But cropping would make me lose the root of an important leading line in the bottom left corner. Of course I could photoshop the offending piece...

Personally I like the lines at work, the symmetry and the complicity with the sitting person (it took a bit of patience to get this without other passers by, which would have ruined the image :smile:). That complicity really makes the image. It would be a moot image without it.
    I was pretty determined with the composition and the resulting image is exactly as shot (no crop at all).

FWIW: The building is the "Royal Ontario Museum" in Toronto.

10. Gnome

Gnome

Mar 6, 2007
    Born in Europe
    Nice subject line and a great shot, hope the guy survived :biggrin:, and I love your crop and presentation.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wonderful compostion ! Congrats