Bad News About Cassandra

Oh dear,

Sorry to hear this about Cassandra. I knew her more from the retouching forum DPR..

God and the Angels be with her and her family.

Cassandra was always one of the most gentle people on the dpreview forums, alwasy encouraging and thoughtful And a darned good photographer to boot. We all wish her well.

Ohhhh, this is so horrible. I wish her and her family all the best so that she's strong enough to get through this difficult time.

G

GaryW

I sent her a note too. I spent a lot of time on dpreview's retouching forum and always admired Cassandra's posts.

Cassandra! We are pulling for you, hon !

Gary

patrickh said:
Cassandra was always one of the most gentle people on the dpreview forums, alwasy encouraging and thoughtful And a darned good photographer to boot. We all wish her well.

Yes, and she continues to be true to her Christian virtues even now as you can see in her brief reply to those couple threads in DPR forums.

I've been in contact w/ her via private emails (as she finds strength to write) and am very blessed and encouraged by her strong faith even though she's the one who could use all the support she can get in these very bad times. I would've posted here sooner w/ the sad news, but I wasn't sure if she wanted that.

May all our thoughts and prayers go w/ her and her loved ones. But also, as a Christian myself, I strongly believe this is not merely something to be taken as a tragic turn of events, but also a cause for all our own reflections, if nothing else.

EDIT: FYI, I have removed the overtly religious content that was intended as words of encouragement relevant to Cassandra's situation above (and any others who may wish to receive similar). I have freely applied the edit due to concern about its religious nature, which I did originally think might be needed. If you wish to read what was removed, let me know and I'll forward you the text privately. My apologies if I have needlessly offended anyone.

May God's peace be w/ you all...

Best regards,

_Man_

M

marc

cassandra

i am sorry to hear about cassandra,

but this is a photo forum

not a religious forum
i am sorry, this is not the place to seek support for anyone's religious beliefs.

i do not wish to offend anyone.
but if you want to preach, not here.

thankyou

Cassandra was one of the few that stood out as a cut above the rest on the DPR forums both in her photography skills as well as participating in a very constructive way. I am pulling for her and her family.

Re: cassandra

marc said:
i am sorry to hear about cassandra,

but this is a photo forum

not a religious forum
i am sorry, this is not the place to seek support for anyone's religious beliefs.

i do not wish to offend anyone.
but if you want to preach, not here.

thankyou

Hi, Marc.

As I did qualify in my post, I will go ahead and edit out the Bible references so as not to needlessly offend anyone. I do understand the concern about "preach"-ing from a religious belief/POV though I would respectfully submit that this is actually not too much different than the "preach"-ing or sharing of opinions (or whatever) that do go on from seemingly irreligious viewpoints -- in truth (or ok, IMHO), nobody is truly irreligious, not even a self-proclaimed atheist, nor the views expressed from any, but I'll just leave it at that. And also, sometimes, a little offense (to somebody somewhere) *will* happen regardless of how benign the intentions are or how PC the words may seem to most.

Anyhoo...

Best regards,

_Man_

gho

marc said:
but this is a photo forum... not a religious forum
Yes, true... But, we are in the "General Discussion" site. I thought this ment we are able to "Discuss anything on your mind. Just keep it clean!"

Doesn't seem to me that religion is a bad thing. But everyone has their beliefs and I respect that. This religious thing seems to get out of hand at times.

Anyways... I'm really sorry to hear of Cassandra, she is a great person and always commented on my stuff and my daughter's stuff. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Man-Fai Wong said:
And also, sometimes, a little offense (to somebody somewhere) *will* happen regardless of how benign the intentions are or how PC the words may seem to most.

For my part, bland, vanilla stuff offends me. So could you please edit your post again and put something a little edgy in it for me? :)

Mike

Also sorry to hear about Cassandra. My best to her and her family.

Also on a sad note is to see some of the crass DRP style comments creeping in. Positive and sincere comments are much easier to digest regardless of the subject theme than the rudeness displayed in response.

Thank You Larry...

Wanted to say something and could not find the words :>))) I am also some disappointed. Nothing good to say, say nothing.

Bless Cassandra....Will Pray for her for sure.

Gale said:
Thank You Larry...

Wanted to say something and could not find the words :>))) I am also some disappointed. Nothing good to say, say nothing.

Bless Cassandra....Will Pray for her for sure.

Lol, welcome. I had to go in twice though. The first time to let off furious steam and not post and then the second time to try and be a little civil.

Latest threads

Top Bottom