Bad tourist behavior leads to photography crackdown in Kyoto's Gion

https://kotaku.com/bad-tourist-behavior-leads-to-photography-crackdown-in-1839408855/amp

I'm expecting to see more photography bans in the future. People with their phones and those disgusting selfie sticks have annoyed me more than once. Put one of those things in someone's hand and I'm convinced all common sense is vacates the body. Maybe the situation would improve if the social media sites charged a dime to post a photo. It's not just phones and selfie sticks, awhile back I read the people setting up tripods on the narrow walking paths in the Utah parks were causing a problem.
IMHO, as photographers we need to do better.

Reminds me of all the areas we lost access to thanks to Artie Morris
pulling his crap at BdA :rolleyes: Been shooting there for over 30 yrs and it
makes me sick when I look thru old photos and the wonderful options
we had years past. Oh, well...people wonder why I stay away before,
during, and after the annual Festival.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Reminds me of all the areas we lost access to thanks to Artie Morris
pulling his crap at BdA :rolleyes: Been shooting there for over 30 yrs and it
makes me sick when I look thru old photos and the wonderful options
we had years past. Oh, well...people wonder why I stay away before,
during, and after the annual Festival.

Please expand on your post as I do not know who the person is or where you cannot visit.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
It is not photography as such, but the shear volume of people visiting those places that are deemed "must see". Other great places that have not featured in some magazine article or on Instagram are still peaceful here Italy

You could not take this picture that I took in the eighties now in summer in Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre. The street will be chock full of visitors if you visit now.

PD130891_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PD130892_DxO.jpg

Please expand on your post as I do not know who the person is or where you cannot visit.
BdA = Bosque del Apache is US National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico that is well known for its amazing water/shore bird photo opportunities.
Artie Morris = Arthur Morris, a bird photographer and "teacher" who did some rather unprofessional there and was harshly criticized for it.

June 2, 2014, Paris

DSC_5114_sm.jpg

I just don't get the behavior that Jim's image shows--people have access to much better images of Ms Lisa in books, online and in stores. What good is a lousy, out of focus, poorly exposed and poorly framed image on your phone or digital camera?

Jim's photo perfectly tells the story.

I just don't get the behavior that Jim's image shows--people have access to much better images of Ms Lisa in books, online and in stores. What good is a lousy, out of focus, poorly exposed and poorly framed image on your phone or digital camera?

I'm gonna go to the Louvre next year but not near Ms. Lisa. I hope everyone else goes to see her so I can have the rest of the place more to myself.

I'm gonna go to the Louvre next year but not near Ms. Lisa. I hope everyone else goes to see her so I can have the rest of the place more to myself.

Don't get your hopes too high...

_D6H4136.jpg

Real Name
Bill Walderman
It is not photography as such, but the shear volume of people visiting those places that are deemed "must see". Other great places that have not featured in some magazine article or on Instagram are still peaceful here Italy

You could not take this picture that I took in the eighties now in summer in Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre. The street will be chock full of visitors if you visit now.

View attachment 1648979

View attachment 1648980
These are fantastic!

Latest threads

Top Bottom