Bag for 2 D200s with 70-200 and 17-55 attached

I am using a Billingham Photo Eventer for this combo at the moment. Actually the 70-200 is attached to a D50, soon to be replaced. It barely fits, with the D50 body just a bit higher than the inside liner. Not perfect, but it works.

I would love a backpack that can hold this combo side by side. The only one's I've seen stack them one above the other, resulting in a very tall backpack.

Anybody know a good way to carry this combo? Emphasis on lenses attached.

Thanks,
David

I've seen the Slingshot 300 and I don't believe that both lenses will fit with bodies attached. Anybody done it?

David,

Here's a pic of my Slingshot 300. In the middle is a D70 with a 70-200VR attached (I cheated a bit here - notice that the tripod foot has been removed). On the left is a D80 and an 18-200VR. I didn't have my 17-55 when I took this picture so the 18-200VR is the sub. While the 17-55 is bigger than the 18-200VR, you can see that there's enough space there for the bigger lens to fit. That's a Sony HD camcorder north of the D80 and then there's some more room under the Nikonians camera strap. On the right are two more lenses and a an SB-600. Actually, when I carry a lot of gear, I put the SB-600 on the top part of the bag (far left in the attached picture) and drop another lens where the SB-600 is shown below. I hope this helps.

4570492a633acf47.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I just wanted to interject and say that that last post was rather helpful for me as well. I'm in the market for a new bag. I do have three questions, though. Is the slingshot 300 waterproof? I'm guessing that strap can be worn across the shoulder? Can it be worn like a backpack?

Is the slingshot 300 waterproof? I'm guessing that strap can be worn across the shoulder? Can it be worn like a backpack?
The bag itself is not waterproof but cleverly hidden away is a waterproof cover that goes over the entire bag. It's permanently attached to the bag so you can't lose it. This is a "Slingbag" so the strap is meant to be worn across the body. Here's a link to the Lowepro product site so you can see actual photos of this bag:
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Sling_Bags/Designed_for_Digital/SlingShot_300_AW.aspx
It doesn't show it well in the photos but there's a waistbelt that I find invaluable - it makes carrying a heavy load much easier!

Thank you very much, that helps a lot. I wish Lowepro would do a similar arrangement in a true backpack.
But if they made this a backpack, it loses its main advantage - quick access. Anyway, the waistbelt that I mention above really helps with weight distribution.

The bag itself is not waterproof but cleverly hidden away is a waterproof cover that goes over the entire bag. It's permanently attached to the bag so you can't lose it. This is a "Slingbag" so the strap is meant to be worn across the body. Here's a link to the Lowepro product site so you can see actual photos of this bag:
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Sling_Bags/Designed_for_Digital/SlingShot_300_AW.aspx
It doesn't show it well in the photos but there's a waistbelt that I find invaluable - it makes carrying a heavy load much easier!
Ooh, waistbelt. I have a smaller lowepro bag that I carry a D50 and an 18-55, along with a few accessories, and it does get a bit hard on one shoulder after awhile. This looks promising, as my old bag couldn't even fit my 70-300G in it. My bag has the cover in it as well, but I've always been worried about mildew after it gets wet. One more question, would you happen to know if it's small enough to be carried on a plane?

One more question, would you happen to know if it's small enough to be carried on a plane?

I've brought this bag (full) with me on international trips and US flights on bigger planes. Not sure about the smaller regional jets - I'd strongly recommend checking with the airline you're flying with. The Slingshot series has three sizes the 100, 200, and 300, with the 300 being the biggest.

Latest threads

Top Bottom