Bag recommendations for D50?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by lms6241, May 13, 2007.

1. lms6241

lms6241

Apr 16, 2007
    Michigan
    I would like fit the D50 and 12-24mm or the 70-300mm. I will most likely only be carrying one of those lenses, flash and either a 35mm or 85mm. Thanks!

2. laawaaris

laawaaris Guest

Well I have had the Lowe Pro Micro Trekker 100 for the longest time and it has worked great for me and my D50. It *should* hold all the gear you mentioned - camera with lens attached, another lens and a flash no problem. Spare room for batteries and memory cards too.

They sell them at Best Buy so you can do like me and take all your gear into the store to make sure it will all fit.

Sadly, I've added so many gadgets to my collection that I just upgraded to the larger Mini Trekker. That should hold me and my gear for the near future.

3. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
  4. Wild Style

Wild Style Guest

when you guys store your cameras, do you store them with the lens attached? Is that a dangerous practice?

5. laawaaris

laawaaris Guest

i always store it with the lens attached, but i have never heard either way if it is a good practice or bad

i have seen some photogs keep the lens and body separated in the bag, but i have seen many others who have their lens of choice already attached

6. Wild Style

Wild Style Guest

Thx man,

Now I just gotta figure out if I should go with a shoulder bag or a backpack. When I go home to visit (NYC) i like to keep a backpack on me. I think i need two things. A little bag I can just put the camera and lens in, and then put that in my back pack. but for storing at home maybe a shoulder bag like the O.P. has and just use that when im in and out of my car here in south florida.