Bag search

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Jon H, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Jon H

Jon H

Jun 25, 2005
    Stockton, CA
  2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hello Jonathan,

I bought the Mini Trekker Classic some 3 months ago and I'm happy with it. The only thing I could complain about is that the soft back harness cannot be taken appart to wash or clean. In hot weather it might get soaked up with sweat and then I would prefer to give it a wash.

Otherwise a nice and very convenient bag that fits me well (I have got only a 4 lenses and a D70 and I can store all my equipment in the bag). It's also very comfortable to carry.

Unless you are looking for something bigger or fancier, I don't think you go wrong with it. Ah, I didn't check how it holds under rain - we didn't have much so far.

3. Jon H

Jon H

Jun 25, 2005
    Stockton, CA
    Thank you!

4. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    I have tried the MiniTrekker and it is a nice backpack that holds a lot of stuff and it pretty comfortable to carry.

One drawback is that it is a backpack and you have to put it down to access the gear. Also, if I remember right it does not have the easy access door to access just the body and lens. You will have to open the main compartment to access the gear.

If you are open to other kinds of bags, read on...

I have been searching for the ideal bag for a while and I think I might have found one. I just bought a Pelican PCS155 Soft case. It is a shoulder bag. It has carry handles as well as a basic backpack straps. It holds a lot of gear including my D70 w/ the 70-200VR mounted on it. Good padding and compact. I tried the backpack straps with the bag loaded with a D70, 70-200VR, 28-70AFS and a 12-24DX. IT was pretty comfortable but I don't think you can go on a long hike with it. It suits my purpose as I am looking primarily for a shoulder/carry bag which can be used as a backpack once in a while. I recommend the PCS155.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

5. Jon H

Jon H

Jun 25, 2005
    Stockton, CA
    Thanks JayR! I will look into it.