Bag suggestions

I'm looking for a shoulder bag to carry either my D3S or a D750 with grip attached and with a 70-200 2.8 attached to the camera. I'd also like it to fit the 24-70 2.8 or my 24-120 4.0. And Id like to get an SD900 in a side pocket plus spare batteries for the camera and flash. If that is possible without getting a HUGHE bag. I LOVE Domke Ruggedwear. I have the F-3 and LOVE it but it's too small. Anyone know which Domke shoulder bag would fit that kit?

Thanks in advance

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I have the Think Tank Glass Taxi. Although no longer available, perhaps it will give you an idea of size of bag you need. I put my D850, 70-200, 24-70, 14-24 and Sigma 15mm fisheye in the bag. With that amount of weight, I much prefer a backpack style bag.

Can you mask up and go to the B&H Superstore on 9th Ave and have a look? ...maybe bring your gear?
Yeah I might have to do that. I just HATE having to travel into the city lately!!! I used to love going there but now I try to avoid Manhattan. LOL

I used Domke's for years, wore out my first F-1 before I replaced it (old one still stores gear in a closet). I've moved on to Billingham bags and find them the best I've used.

I have the Think Tank Glass Taxi. Although no longer available, perhaps it will give you an idea of size of bag you need. I put my D850, 70-200, 24-70, 14-24 and Sigma 15mm fisheye in the bag. With that amount of weight, I much prefer a backpack style bag.
Wow that bags holds a LOT!!! And yes with all that weight I’d much prefer a backpack.
You are required by photographic laws to have at least one closet packed full of bags that you no longer use. I have a domke f3 in here somewhere......
I find bags are very personal choices- and there is no perfect one. But I am still looking for the perfect one!
gary
LOL. That closet of bags had been moved to the attic due to the fact I have no more room in said closet!!! 🤣🤣

I own a Domke F-3X, you can carry the D750 with a 70-200 in it. But you need to take out the separators and also remove the hood. It's tight.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I have 3 ThinkTank bags. Superior quality. My 2 larger travel bags can handle a 600mm - and still fit it in the overhead. Mind Shift bags are also very good.

I own a Domke F-3X, you can carry the D750 with a 70-200 in it. But you need to take out the separators and also remove the hood. It's tight.
I gotta check that out!! Never thought that would fit in there. Wow.

Totally forgot about Think Tank bags being away from photography for so long. I am really diggin The Retrospective 7!!! Just ordered one. should fit my needs real good. Thanks everyone.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Another thought.
I'm using a "Hardrock Café" shoulder bag. They are available in different sizes and they're not looking to obviously as a camera bag.

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom