Bahamas, C&C welcome.

Discussion in 'People' started by Jay_, Jun 2, 2007.

1. My wife on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. Give me some input and C&C. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Showing now.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Sorry I see one little bitty red x.

4. Jay,

is this you your love is hugging? :smile: Just kidding. Nice capture. I am sure you'll have great time remembering moments spent there.

The picture was however taken under what I imagine were tough conditions with light sand and sea. What metering did you use? You might touch it up bit in postprocessing but not much as there is lack of details in the sand. Try turning it into "romantic" with some blur on one layer and vignetting on another. Those two classic fixes can do magic! Especially for a Honeymoon photo.

5. Fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  6. Had to work at it but got to see the shot. She looks like she is having fun!

Mike

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  8. Gale, like this?

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jay :

On the subject of the lady, you're a lucky guy.

On the subject of critique of the photo, you might want to try running Shadows&Highlights in Photoshop or an equivalent package to draw down the background, as well as perhaps a touch more sharpening. S&H is a tricky adjustment - a little goes a long way - and I usually find sharpening after S&H is a good idea. The latest version of Photoshop (PS-CS3) has upgraded and revamped the Smart Sharpen feature, and that might work well for you.

Depending on your personal taste, a tighter crop that loses the sky (IMO, the line created by the sky to the water draws the eye away from the subject) and holds more tightly to your new bride might be a direction.

Or not, I suppose... :wink:

In any case, belated congratulations on your marriage - as I said before, you're a lucky guy.

John P.

10. Capture Utah

Capture Utah

Nov 23, 2006
    USA
    nice to see you up and shooting. if you have a wife that will let you take her picture - in a pose none the less- you are a lucky man! Keep snapping!

11. Thanks John, i see what you mean about the sky/water line. I'll try and play with the S&H.

12. Usually when she tries to get in my photos, she is making a weird face or something or being silly, lol. But these shots at the beach i felt like Austin Powers taking her picture. I kept telling her, "just keep moving into different poses and I'll just snap away, then we can sort it out later."