1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bahii's gardens

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gabriel_felipe, Aug 14, 2008.

1. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    The Bahai its a religion founded in Persia (now Iran) and, like other monoteist religions, have in Israel 2 important spirituall places. The first one its in Akko where Bahá'u'lláh (the founder) was buried. The second place its in Haiffa where there gardens are
    This is what I know, for more information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá'í_Faith#Bah.C3.A1.27u.27ll.C3.A1h :tongue:

2735838671_d104a23262_o.
    2736674512_04008e51ff_o.
    2735840745_09f871f18f_o.
    2735839479_1d8fd1853c_o.

Bonus track: if we talk about religion :rolleyes:  a view of the old city in Jerusalem
    View attachment 239334

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Those are stunning! Your colors are so vivid! I especially like #3.

Thanks for sharing...

3. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    thanks for looking... i only made levels, curves and some saturation adjustments

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Looks like a lovely place to visit, the colour in your work is particually impressive.

Thanks for sharing.

5. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    thanks Robert,
    I'm surprised about your critiques because I took the photos in very difficult light.. and I tought that the results aren't the best
    thanks again

6. what a nice series
    you did a great job
    it was hard light and think that most could use some BRIGHTENING...
    like shadows and highlights

wonderful compositions
    it's just an issue with DYNAMIC RANGE, of course

7. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    thanks Greg, I dont understand a lot of dynamic range. i know what it means but no more. The only thing that I thought when I was there it was to overexpose a bit the pictures. Today I read in an article of Ken Rockwell that if you underexpose your pictures its loose from the color saturation... but it seems to work well on mine pictures

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.