1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bahrain World Trade Centre

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dayo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. I have been meaning to get a proper shot of the new WTC building here in Bahrain but summer time here is one in which the photo gear stays locked up due to the crazy heat and humidity levels.

But I did make do with this snapshot out of my car window. Using my not so loved 17-55.

D200 @ ISO 100
    17-55 @ 52mm
    1/4000 @ f2.8
    NK14246.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Many may not be aware that there are WTC building in other parts of the world with the NY one of course being the first and most iconic. Sadly murderously brought down seven years ago. May their souls rest in peace.

The one here in Bahrain includes three wind mills in what I consider to be a gimmicky sop to sustainability as electricity demand here is highest in summer when the prevailing winds are also weakest. Solar would have been far more meaningful. They however add a certain touch to the building and will be a main feature when I get round to doing the shot I have in mind. Solar panels are not quite the same.

2. Wail

Wail

Aug 14, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    Nice shot, a nice country you have there, and very friendly people too.

Personally, I would have prefered it with out the slanting, and if you could get the same shot without the wirecable running from the mosque's minaret, and without the car in the lower corner.

On the subject of the heat and humidity overthere (which is almost all year 'round) .. what do you do to protect your gear? Other than locking them at home?

3. Wail

The Bahrainis are indeed a friendly bunch.

On the slanting and stuff, it was just a quick grab shot. I'll do the proper shot later.

The heat and humidity is actually only confined to summer and both have been dropping rapidly over the last week or so. October to April is great with the best weather between Late September and Early December before it get a bit cold and then Late February and Early May before it gets way too hot and humid.

The gear gets used all year round ... it is just that I find venturing out of air conditioned space a bit difficult during summer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.