1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baja California #29 - Pros at Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobhoge, Apr 22, 2007.

1. On our trip to Baja California with Lindblad Expeditions the Photo Expedition part of the trip gave us the chance to watch the professional photographers at work.

The leader of the Photo Expedition part of the group was Ralph Lee Hopkins who heads that area for Lindblad Expeditions. We have traveled with Ralph 5 times since 1990 and he is both a photographer and teacher of photography. (He did switch from Nikon to Canon about 5 years ago :mad:  )
    [​IMG]

I think his lens shade got in the sand, hopefully not the lens:
    [​IMG]

Bob Krist is published regularly in National Geographic and National Geographic Traveler magazines and was with us representing National Geographic. He (and Ralph) teach photography at the Santa Fe Workshops.
    Bob was shooting a D-200 :cool: 
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the giant size Zip-lock bag that he is using to keep his gear dry while in the zodiac:
    [​IMG]

Stewart Aitchison is both a writer and photographer, usually with the desert as a subject. This was our third trip with Stewart Another Nikon D-200 shooter :cool:  :cool:  here shooting some Common Dolphin swimming by the zodiac:
    [​IMG]

Bob & Nan

2. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Nice images, thank you for sharing.

That looks like it was a really fun trip!

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Neat shots, you must have had a blast just watching these guys, wish I was there. - Jeff

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice to see folks shooting:>)))
    Nice images and scenery

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    The pattern sin the 4th photo are just gorgeous , I'm sure a sunset on those would be breathtaking ! Seems like you had a good time there :wink:

6. Great ad for Ziploc

Thanks for sharing, great post love the ziploc ad, strangely enough that's what I use as well. :rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.