1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baker's dozen 2018 favorites of the grand kids

Discussion in 'People' started by bpdougd, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:26 PM.

1. It seems to be the time of year for posting last year's favorites. Here are my favorites of my grandchildren from the past 12 months. I made it a baker's dozen (13) because I could not choose that final discard. Taken with a variety of cameras and lenses. Some are technically imperfect but all capture an aspect of each child's personality. And that, to me, is the essence of people pictures.

DSC_0004.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0100-Edit.jpg
    DSC_0120-Edit.jpg
    DSC_0260.jpg
    DSC_0567.jpg
    DSC_0939-Edit.jpg
    DSC_9967.jpg
    PC290048.jpg
    PC290100.jpg
    PC290113.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I hope both the models and the photographer got a well-earned tip for each photo.

3. I'm not going to announce a favorite, 'coz I could never pick one favorite kid. What a wonderful portfolio of gorgeous kids!

4. They work for snacks and hugs.

5. Lemme guess: the grandchildren work for snacks and the photographer works for hugs. :) 

6. You show great wisdom, young padawan. (y)

7. It has been a long time since I've been called young, so I'll gladly take it. Come to think of it, it has been even longer since I've been called wise. All for good reason.

8. These are the photos that grow more precious to you over time and that are beyond critique. Technical perfection is irrelavent. What matters is the memory. And I think these are wonderful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You're younger than me so close enough. And you agree that my grand kids are adorable which make you wise.

10. Thanks. My absolute favorite picture of our oldest was taken when he was about two (he will be eight next month). He is being held by his dad who is standing in a very dark dining room. Ridiculous ISO on an old D300, some motion blur but the connection between father and son as they make eye contact is almost electric. What we capture, at our best, in pictures of humans (especially the ones we love) is emotion. That is magic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I believe there is Pete Seeger song where he uses a term similar to this!

12. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Such precious images! And I certainly agree with Dan. These will treasured even more over time!

13. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Talk about some beautiful babies - they are gorgeous! I cannot pick a favorite because they are all precious. Enjoy your time with them; you'll blink, and next thing you know, they'll be grown!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.