Bald Eagle Morning Constitutional

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I found this beautiful bird perched way up in a tree this morning and it was a tough shot as his body was in shade and the side of his face was exposed to brilliant full sun..so I did the best that I could!

I'm watching him and firing away and he started to crouch at his perch...I figured he was getting ready to fly off.'

Obviously...he had other things on his mind!

[​IMG]

Nikon D2H, 200-400 AFS-VR with a TC 14EII ISO 320 (braindead) Matrix 0, VR on with tripod

2. LOL Jim, he looks a little mad that you caught him in the act :oops:

very unusual shot to say the least!

3. Hey Jim.........

Awesome capture :shock: ..............and your seriously thinking of getting rid of the 200-400mm VR ? things that make you go hmmmmm. Great photo!!!
    curious as to why you have VR on when on tripod?

4. Nice capture. I remember Regit had a similar shot. :D

5. I have often seen that as a precursor to them taking off. The one I found today gave me no notice at all.

Nicely captured, are you going to specialize in this type of image????

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Poop Shots?

Bill...

Are you asking me if I'm going to specialize in eagle shots or poop shots?

JF

7. Re: Poop Shots?

I'll leave THAT question up to the imagination of the reader :wink: Dependent on the answer may dictate how many folks read your posts...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On some of the large groups of flying Snow Geese I find these black "blobs" that really require a bit of cloning myself. With the Eagles, I'd guess that at least half the time I watch them I see this behavior just before they take off. I'm not sure if that is just coincidence or not, maybe Janet can tell us if she gets this far.....

Regardless, I still think it is a cool image, keep 'em coming....

8. LAMO

Jim
    Great job on the exposre and great timing, I think hew was watching T.O. catching a 90 yard bomb on those Patriots

9. Re: Poop Shots?

uh hmmmm I can't honestly say that bird pooping is my area of expertise, but a wild guess would be that maybe they would rather move on once they, er, foul up the place (or would that be "fowl" up the place, especially if this guy was dining on duck...ohhhh that's bad, sorry!)

:p