Bald Eagle Nest

Real Name
Mike
This is the third nest this pair has built in the last 8-10 years. It's a little closer to the road than the others which makes it a bit harder to get a good angle. She was rearranging the nest when I pulled up. The male was sitting further back in the woodlot.

I'm also a bit disappointed in the 200-500 focus in this case. Shooting from my car, (sitting still, turned off) with the lens resting on the window at what was probably 150 yards. It missed focus 90% of the time and the "good" images were not as sharp as I thought they should be. It has performed great until this instance.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

Deep nest. Will you be able to see the babies in their first month or so?

I am looking at the focus. In the first one the branches to the far right seem in focus but the dof is quite narrow. I don't really see a problem in 2.

Disclaimer - I am using a laptop.

Real Name
Mike
Deep nest. Will you be able to see the babies in their first month or so?

I am looking at the focus. In the first one the branches to the far right seem in focus but the dof is quite narrow. I don't really see a problem in 2.

Disclaimer - I am using a laptop.
I'll keep checking back. There are only a couple of unobstructed views.

Here is the untouched first image (resized only) so you can see how much it was cropped. I use a small amount of High Pass sharpening after the other adjustments. I figured at that distance, f11 would give me enough DOF.

You have a good nest to work there. I have been taking images of an eagle's nest the pat 3 years while in Florida. This the eagles had to rebuild their nest and it is now in a tree that obstructs the birds in it. You are lucky to have this opening.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom