Critique Bald Eagle Portrait

I captured this image of a bald eagle at the Howell Nature Rehabilitation Center in Michigan:

p3836915497-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Regal! Beautiful portrait Glenn.
Thanks Bill
Thank you
Excellent head angle and pose! And the B&W processing is stunning! Well done, sir!
Thanks Karen...much appreciated
In addition to the above, lots and lots of detail!
Thank you, Mike...a bit of side lighting helped bring out more feather detail.
Wow! So, so regal!!! The feather detail is wonderful!
Thanks Connie

Glenn

Excellent b&w work, Glenn!
Great pose and spirit and amazing detail.

Exceptional image Glenn, B & W processing adds a ice dimension to it, well done. Have you been to HNRC before, or was this your first Visit? It is an outstanding organization.

Exceptional image Glenn, B & W processing adds a ice dimension to it, well done. Have you been to HNRC before, or was this your first Visit? It is an outstanding organization.
Thank you, Kevin. This was my second visit.

I greatly admire Steve Gettle, a nature photographer who lives within a few miles of the Nature Center. So, when I saw that he was giving a presentation followed by an opportunity to photograph birds on perches--I made the 250 mile drive to Howell (twice). Steve runs these sessions on three weekends at the Howell Nature Center and donates every cent to the Center.

I was also very impressed with the staff at the Howell Nature Center. A handler was assigned to each bird--and the handlers were quick to remove the bird if it showed signs of getting stressed. In fact, a snowy owl was expected to be one of the subjects during my visit, but the handler decided it was in the owl's best interest to not participate as he was getting stressed by the situation.

Glenn

Thank you, Kevin. This was my second visit.

I greatly admire Steve Gettle, a nature photographer who lives within a few miles of the Nature Center. So, when I saw that he was giving a presentation followed by an opportunity to photograph birds on perches--I made the 250 mile drive to Howell (twice). Steve runs these sessions on three weekends at the Howell Nature Center and donates every cent to the Center.

I was also very impressed with the staff at the Howell Nature Center. A handler was assigned to each bird--and the handlers were quick to remove the bird if it showed signs of getting stressed. In fact, a snowy owl was expected to be one of the subjects during my visit, but the handler decided it was in the owl's best interest to not participate as he was getting stressed by the situation.

Glenn
Good to hear Glenn, Steve is well known in these parts. I've been to a few of the the HNC presentations as well & agree with everything you said. Great compassion a concern for the Birds. Thanks for your reply. I a;ways enjoy your Photography.

Latest threads

Top Bottom