Bald Eagle

And no not the greatest, BUT it is my first Bald eagle and considering the bird took up less than 15% of my frame, shooting 700mm in HSC mode, Im a happy camper. LOL..............looking forward to going out Brackendale way in january for these majestic birds! :D these are straight out of the camera, resized and sharpened for web. I luv the bokeh on the 500mm af-s!!! Tried getting a shot of him doing something, but wouldnt stretch, fly or open mouth, so sometimes got to take what he gives you. Spent over an hour waiting and waiting, I feel harrys pain although I dont think I was relentless as harry, thought I was missing other opportunities :wink:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nicely done, Keith!

They are majestic birds to shoot. Now you know where he/she hangs out you might be able to go back and get some flight shots. I'm thinking I would like to try Brackendale in January too - if I can get away then.

Thanks Gale, think they are my favourite out of all the raptors, such a majestic bird! Now if I can just get closer ;-)

Thanks for the nice comments on the avatar!

Gale said:
wow he is beautiful Keith.

Great job.

I see a NikonCafe group meeting in january coming up on the west coast 8)

Nikam said:
Nicely done, Keith!

They are majestic birds to shoot. Now you know where he/she hangs out you might be able to go back and get some flight shots. I'm thinking I would like to try Brackendale in January too - if I can get away then.

Very nicely captured Keith. When we were stalking the Eagles around Lake Guntersville last February, it wasn't unusual for a core of two or three die hards to wait for 5 or 6 hours just to get a shot. :roll:

They are magnificent animals, and I'd say well worth the wait. That 500 must be making you pretty happy right about now. :wink:

Hey Keith,

Congrats on your first eagle. They are excellent captures too. Its a thrill to see an eagle in the wild.

Thanks Frank, I am very happy with it. Sometimes I find it too long. LOL but when I need it like this shot, it is a blessing, made me get a couple I otherwise couldnt get. I actually got a shot of a GBH and snowy (damn near came out of my skin when I saw them a long ways out in water, nothing to you guy's shot, but made this westerner a pretty happy camper!!!! 400 would have been too short

Thanks for the nice comments on my avatar :wink:

Flew said:
Very nicely captured Keith. When we were stalking the Eagles around Lake Guntersville last February, it wasn't unusual for a core of two or three die hards to wait for 5 or 6 hours just to get a shot. :roll:

They are magnificent animals, and I'd say well worth the wait. That 500 must be making you pretty happy right about now. :wink:

Big time Harry!!!! I have lots of artwork etc with the bald eagle, just wish we had more...........Want to give BC a shot in the winter :)

HarryB said:
Hey Keith,

Congrats on your first eagle. They are excellent captures too. Its a thrill to see an eagle in the wild.

Thanks for the critique Gordon, I was pretty happy with it considering the distance 8)

greyflash said:
A noble looking bird for sure. I like the 2nd shot the best. Colors are good, focus excellent, DOF well done.

Coming from you Rory, will take that as a compliment :lol: Anytime
I can honestly say never paid a whole lot of attn when shooting longer glass, but man that mirror shake is something else!!

hillrg said:
Great lighting Keith. We will have to compare techniques - you really got razor sharp images.

WOW Great detail for such a long focal lentgh and crop you got soem real good technique goign on there with the D2X and the longs lens. You should be thrilled with these

Keith these are great!!! Where is Brackendale? It would be fun to have a group get together to shoot the eagles. They are my favorites and I would really like to get some decent captures of them now that I have the new camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom