Baldies having fun at Conowingo Dam in MD. 11/2019

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That first shot in particular is stunning! Wow! Yep, Conowingo is fun this time of year, although I have heard that there are more and more photographers who have discovered it so that it is much more crowded than it was a few years ago. Also I saw something about some birds actually attacking people's vehicles -- not sure what that's all about!

Real Name
Bill Walderman
That first shot in particular is stunning! Wow! Yep, Conowingo is fun this time of year, although I have heard that there are more and more photographers who have discovered it so that it is much more crowded than it was a few years ago. Also I saw something about some birds actually attacking people's vehicles -- not sure what that's all about!
Shures Landing at Conowingo, like Wall Street, is a roosting place for many, many vultures. Signs are posted warning people that these birds can damage your car, and someone once told me that they will eat the rubber off your windshield wipers. For informational purposes only, and with no intention to highjack Siinjen's stunning images with a less than stunning image of my own, here are two, waiting for you to arrive for what you may think will be a photo shoot of soaring eagles:
21249057290_1060bc61d9_c (1).jpg

You should be ok, though, as long as you're not dead meat.

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill Walderman
AIEEEEE!!! Well, fortunately for my car, my days of shooting at Conowingo are over now, but it was fun while it lasted! We didn't have a problem with vultures back then but obviously times have changed in several ways.
My photo was taken in August, 2015, and I haven't been back since. Maybe they've been chased away, though that's pretty difficult.

Leesburg vultures

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom