1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baldwin 2-6-0 Mogul (steam locomotive)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by fishbio, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Engine # 7717 is a 36" gauge locomotive built in 1885 for the Northwest Coal and Navigation Co. It carried coal on a narrow gauge rail connected to the Canadian Pacific Railway main line. After conversion of the line to standard Gauge, the C.P.R. purchased #7717 in 1907 for construction of the spiral tunnels above Field, British Columbia. After completion of the tunnels 100 years ago in 1908, the poor little engine was abandoned below the upper tunnel. I photographed its remains last week.

Cheers,

Larry

2849859410_9e27916cfd_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2849027967_b3cab8f1da_o.jpg

2849859786_2b954694cd_o.jpg

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Interesting stuff Larry, I particually like the final shot
    Allthough I guess this is technically still a locomotive, I'd not have been confused to see this in the plants and greenery forum

3. Thanks, Robert

I had to choose a forum and the main subject is neither the greenery or the landscape, so......

Cheers,

Larry

4. Those photos would make Johnny Cash cry ........ thanks for posting.

Best,

5. evokel

evokel

Sep 6, 2008
    florida
    very interesting stuff

6. Being a railfan and and a steam enthusiast, they make ME cry. :frown:

Nice series though.

7. nice shooting, larry
    very interesting

8. Good one

thanks, Bob

Thanks for looking

Thanks, Steve.

I'm a bit of a steam buff, myself. I only cried the first time I saw it a number of yeas ago :smile:

Thanks, Greg

Cheers,

Larry

9. Kool! Nice to see the graffitti artists haven't tagged it yet.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

10. Hi Ted

It's in a National Park (Yoho) and you have to walk a couple of km each way to get to it. It's not in you're average tagger's 'hood.

Cheers,

Larry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.