1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baldwin #90 2-10-0

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Vienna Pics, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Here are two shots of #90 up in Lancaster County, Pa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steam Locomotive Engine 90 at the Strasburg RR, Lancaster County, Strasburg, Pa Engine 90 is a Baldwin with a 2-10-0 configuration built in 1924. It is an ex-Great Western engine. It originally pulled 40 to 50 sugar beet cars on the high plans near Loveland, Colorado. It was build by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1924. It is the most powerful engine at this railroad

2. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Both cool shots! It's hard to pick a favorite but I'm leaning toward the second one. :)  I love the Strasburg area.
    Jarrell

3. I've been on that train many times as a kid, but haven't been down there in years. Nice shots!

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I too like number 2!

Thank you!

5. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    I really like that second shot. Well done!

6. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I'll bet'cha if you blew the second up to about 20x30 inches, framed it and hung it on the wall, you could smell the grease and oil when you walked by! :biggrin:
    Jarrell

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you.

I probably would especially if I wear the same sneakers, the oil/tar is hard to get off them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.