Bales of hay

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rapman1959, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA
    I know the subject sounds boring but as I was driving to see my daughter ride (horses, she does Hunter /Jumper) I saw this fairly fresh cut field with some really interesting colors and patterns. The real kicker is that I had decided to only bring my 200-400mm lens. I wanted to practice with this lens so I could get some shots at her next show. It was tough getting images that I thought gave the scene some justice. I would have killed for the 12-24mm or even my 85mm. Anyways here are a couple of the ones I liked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some others are here if anyone is interested

http://obdoc.smugmug.com/gallery/604725/1/25496652

I hope you liked these, the scene itself was ver cool.
    Adolfo

2. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Arrh - yes, great subject matter and pity abot the lens !

The shapes, colours and composition possibilities of baled hay is always a wonderful source.

The 12-24 would have been great. Isnt it a bit early in your summer to bale yet (I thought is came in late summer)

3. actually this can be a great subjet. Enjoyed the pics. It would have been good to have a wider view. murphey's law!

4. Hi Adolfo,

Being raised on a farm your images have special significance to me. I do have a suggestion that will make the image display better and that would be to boost the EV a little and also increase the contrast. I took the liberty of doing that on your second image. I hope that is OK.

5. Hi Adolfo,
    Nice pix of the bales. I think they make a great subject because of the perspective of depth and contrast.

Here is one I took when I was touring Canada just for fun.

http://interactivephotos.com/frame_page.html

Click the link that says "more Canada" and then the bales image to enlarge it.

6. Rapman1959

Rapman1959

May 7, 2005
    Dubois PA

Gordon, Thanks for the comments. I have no problems with anyone trying to improve my images. I'm a novice. Took up photography about a year and a half ago and have been learning a lot. The contrast on the the prints I made looks a lot better than the web pics. I'm going to try Srgb as well and see if that makes a difference.

Scott, love your bale of hay. lots of contrasting colors that are very rich. As mentioned above the prints look better but still this scene was more shades of green without any really deep green.

Simon, Yes I think it is a bit early but then again what do I know, Hay is just another expense for the upkeep of my daughters horse LOL. But she loves it .

Adolfo