1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ball on Bat.......back to back!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, Jul 15, 2008.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Now that all of the tourneys are over, I now have have time to post, reply, and share some of the 20,000 shots I've taken in the last four weeks with my D300. :biggrin:

Got to start with these. These are from my last game on Sunday. Championship game of the Cadet All-Stars.

On this shot, she swung early, and it went foul;

[​IMG]

Next pitch;

[​IMG]

Was a hit;

[​IMG]

I was experimenting with matrix metering. I think that's what caused the first shot to be at 1/4000, and the next one to be 1/2000. I had to do a some PP to make them look a little similar. :biggrin: Maybe I should spend more time in 'center weighted' metering. :wink:

2. sweet Jim...yeah, I highly recommend CW

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    CW is the go I reckon too. You ought to get more consistent shots I think.

Nice results though

4. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    :wink:...or shoot manual

5. Jim, yeah I started using CW a while ago and haven't looked back.

As for the dual BOB awesome, I did almost the same this weekend as well. Different batters though.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Trying to get a BOB for each kid is something I used to attempt, but I found that I was shooting 700 images per game. Now, I am very happy just getting a decent batting image of each kid. You were blessed with the at-bat Jim, to keepers in one at-bat is sweet.

7. nice shots, jim
    excellent

8. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Chris.

Thanks, Darren.

Only in cloudy conditions. :biggrin:

Thanks, Geoff.

Thanks, Frank. I agree, and that's just what I do now, as well. But on this batter I was trying to get it. The batter's mother is one of my biggest supporters. She has put in touch with some contacts for games to shoot, and if she's at one of the games, she makes sure that my flyers get to the parents on her team. when I arrived for the chamionship game on Sunday, I gave her four nice 5x7s of her daughter from the day before. She didn't hesitate to walk around and show them off to the other parents. :biggrin:
    Needless to say, I was thrilled to get these shots for her.

Thanks, Greg.

9. Let me add my vote for CW, Jim. Very nice captures...great timing.

10. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    What timing!!! :smile:

Good stuff here, Jim!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.