Ballad singer/storyteller in Rugby

Discussion in 'People' started by timpix, Jun 1, 2005.

1. This is my first post in Nikon Cafe so bear with me. This pic was taken with my CP8800 at a festival in historic Rubgy, TN. The storyteller is Sheila Kaye Adams who can really spin a tale from her southern roots. The pic was taken inside a tent with the white background lit by sunshine. Settings were ISO 200 f4.6 1/40 no flash. I was also testing RAW in PS CS2 which worked nicely. Only a little cropping and sharpening.

[​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    welcome to the cafe. I think the whites look just fine. they didn't blend together. good job

3. I tried

Far from experienced but only 1 reply :cry: Seems like a nice forum so will assume that only 1 reply means I had better practice more. Will browse around and try to learn from the advice given to others.

4. Robear

Robear Guest

Re: I tried

Lots of volume posts here, so don't be depressed if you don't get much feedback. Also, make sure to post some feedback of your own (it's a real "give and take" here).

I think the picture works well as a candid. The picture itself does look a bit washed out-- maybe needs a little more contrast or saturation. This is something easily done in photoshop.

Hard to judge from one photo, but you seem to have a pretty good eye-- looking forward to seeing more posting. Now quid-pro-quo-- check out the picture of my nephew, and let me know what you think. It's posted in this forum.

:D

5. Thanks Robear,

Had really forgotten about this posting until ran upon a compliment about NikonCafe while browsing DPReview NTF. Really appreciate the advice and will post more I'm sure.