Ballhead Leveller (Pt2??)

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by cknight, Aug 27, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
  2. Chris, how do you adjust the angle with it?

3. rebrewer

rebrewer

Aug 1, 2005
    Davis, CA
    I have the Gitzo equivilent, but I played with the Manfrotto at a workshop. If you put a RRS clamp on it it's great. Just move the lever, level, and release. It's a must if you want to do panoramas.

Bob

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    It looks like it's basically a 'squashed' ballhead. The center section rotates a few degrees inside the outer ring. Move the lever to loosen outer ring, adjust the center section, then tighten the lever.

I don't have one, but was thinking about getting one to go between my feisol tripod and Markins M10 ballhead/Sidekick.

I think the Gitzo that has been mentioned is their levelling center column, which I doubt would fit in the fiesol.

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Another option is the RRS panning clamp. You can just use it in place of a regular QR clamp as your full-time clamp, and then when it comes time to do panoramas you can easily get a level pan with it.