Balloon Fest in Howell Michigan

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by dbirdsong, Jun 25, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I went out to the Michigan Challenge Balloon Festival tonight and took about 500 pictures.
    I haven't looked at all of them yet, but here are some of my favorites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D70
    Most taken with a Tokina 12-24, rest taken with Sigma 70-200 HSM EX
    ISO 500 (the light wasn't as good as I was hoping for, 1 hour earlier the light was much better but the winds weren't acceptable for the balloons.)

Surprising to me, for the first time since I have had the Tokina I felt the lens wasn't wide enough.

2. Never been to a hot air baloon festival but I have been up in one (a baloon, not a festival). Nice images you have taken here.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I think the high ISO adds to these captures David. I think that there is a time and a place for high iso images to come out great and portray the feelings that you have in these captures. I know that sounds strange but it has that pj look to it and a historymaking feel.

Well done.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great series, Dave. Love #5!

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Someday.. Someday.. Yeah someday I will get a chance to take a ride..
    Maybe my kids will buy me a ride like my brothers did for him.. Naw.. if I want to go for a ride in a hot air balloon, I will just have to pay for it myself. :D

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Patrick... I am not against grain or noise in pictures, but I just didn't like it in these..

7. Nice shots was supposed to shoot one of these last year but it didnt pan out love the colors of your shots