Balloon man (bigish file)

I've been waiting about 10 years to get this photo. I took the same one 10 years ago with my very poor first generation digital camera. The resolution and grain were horrible. Saturday at 5am I got up for the Black Hills Balloon rally knowing that this man and this balloon would be there again.

It makes a really nice background, so I've formatted it for a widescreen monitor if you'd like it :)

Erik

balloon.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you, Mike. The lines in the foreground are from the rest of the balloon. Here's a shot of it on its way.

balloon2.jpg

Erik,
Thant's fantastic... well worth the wait.

10 years? Did you start shooting it in film?

Thanks, Bob. It is a huge balloon. I have one photo that really shows the size - the man in the image all the way at the end and very small (the colors weren't as nice, though). There were several very nice balloons.

Paul, I was shooting film back then, but I did have a Canon S20 (or something like that) that I was using to take pictures of architectural models. It had a great close up feature. It had a fairly good resolution for those days, but memory was expensive. So I usually shot snapshots at the least resolution and max compression. Anyway, I didn't have film with me at the time.

Here's another nice balloon:

balloon3.jpg

balloon4.jpg

One more for the road:

balloon5.jpg

Oh, and in the interest of full disclosure, it looks like it was only 6 years ago that I shot the originals. Here is one of them at the resolution that it was shot:

oldballoon.jpg

No, I'm just at the entry... getting rather wind blown by the large fans that they use to inflate the balloon :)

Ah, Ok. They are having a big balloon ralley in a town near where I live in August. I might just have to go up there and check things out now....

Scott and Greg, I'm glad that you like them. Thanks.

Tim, it's definitely worth going. I got some great shots here in Colorado Springs last year. I just love the colors. Unfortunately, I got home to discover a dust bunny in all of the sky shots.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom