Baltimore Oriole

I caught this beautiful oriole through the window....he had stopped by to inspect the hummer feeder. He has not appeared again. I will try an orange in my platform feeder, but don't have high hopes. Maybe he does not want to live where the Cooper's Hawk hunts. They are common here, but don't like my place to stay. I am just happy to have any shot of him

Very nice! These are rare birds, even in the Baltimore area. I had a few in my backyard over the years, but nothing to brag about. I couldn't get as close as I would like to even take a shot. I hope your come back for the orange.

Very nice Birgit, good job with the details on the bird.
Thanks Louis, particularly for taken quickly thru the window :biggrin:

If that were the only shot I was going to get, I'd be jumping for joy. Beautiful!
Thanks, and it might be the only one.

Very nice! These are rare birds, even in the Baltimore area. I had a few in my backyard over the years, but nothing to brag about. I couldn't get as close as I would like to even take a shot. I hope your come back for the orange.
Seems some people have a lot, and others none

That's frame-able. Great capture!

Laurie
Thank you:tongue:

Great shot. Haven't seen one since I was a kid.
First one here in a long time, although I did have a female for two days

Very nice. I never get those in my backyard, but one has been hanging around work the last couple weeks. He's noisy too.
Why they don't stay, I don't know. Friends in Medina have Scarlet Tanagers,
Orioles, Red Headed Woodpeckers....me I have a lot of House Sparrows with five acres of wooded property:wink:

Try grape jelly. My parents have many come to their feeder. I could never keep them for more then a few days.

I gave up the oranges etc and have grape jelly out for them. I'm guessing I have 3-4 now that come and they are sticking around now.

Also don't give up. They don't stay at the feeders long. I never saw them so I was going to take the feeder down until I was off one day and they probably come about once an hour or so.

Try grape jelly. My parents have many come to their feeder. I could never keep them for more then a few days.

I gave up the oranges etc and have grape jelly out for them. I'm guessing I have 3-4 now that come and they are sticking around now.

Also don't give up. They don't stay at the feeders long. I never saw them so I was going to take the feeder down until I was off one day and they probably come about once an hour or so.
I put up grape jelly and only the little ants came so I moved the jelly and now I put an orange in a platform feeder where I saw the bird. I hear they do not come every day, so it is hit or miss unless you have a lot of them, I guess.

I seen one today for the first time in S.E. Michigan. Actually I didn't even know it was an Oriole until I opened this thread. At the time I just knew it was a colorful bird that I've seen for the first time!

Great picture!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom