Bandelier Nat'l Monument with Ron Reznick

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Here are a handful of shots taken at one of the venues (Bandelier National Monument) during our recent New Mexico workshop with Ron Reznick.

The entire session was a blast, the group was very friendly, comfortable and collegial, and when Ron said that the information would be flowing like a fire hose, he wasn't kidding - LOL.

All were taken with the D200. I hope that these appear bright enough on a PC monitor, even though Ron used his Eye One Match spectrophotometer to calibrate my PowerBook's monitor . . .

Stream: Sigma 10-20 @ 14 mm, f/11, 1/15 s, ISO 200 with polarizer and 2 stop grad N.D. filter:

80946751.original.

Wall - Sigma 10-20 @ 17mm, f/8, 1/125 s, ISO 320 with polarizer:

80946792.original.

Skull cave - Nikon 18-70 @ 31mm, f/8 1/320 s, ISO 200:

80946811.original.

Talus and cliffs - Nikon 18-70 @ 25 mm, f/8, 1/125 s, ISO 200:

80946827.original.

Eric

P.S. to Ron - Yeah, I realize that I just about blew the red channel on a couple of these. I'll do better with my WB settings next time - LOL.

2. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Wow. I really like the Skull Cave shot. Good eye.

And what a pleasure to meet you this last weekend. Now I can put a face behind the camera.

John P.

3. Hey John -

Same here - it was my pleasure to meet you, and to benefit from your gentle and wise input, and your kind demeanor.

For some of us of a certain age, the skull cave might remind of the old comic strip and more recent movie "The Phantom"???

Your pal,

Eric

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Kind demeanor ? Oops. :wink: Don't let anybody know about that, eh? I've got a rep to maintain... :cool:

And yes, that same concept did occur to me (and I'm easily old enough to remember The Ghost Who Walks).

Actually not a bad movie, either.

John P.

5. Nice series, Eric. I know what you mean about the red channel!!

6. Kinda reminds me of He-Man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.