Bandelier Nat'l Monument with Ron Reznick

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Here are a handful of shots taken at one of the venues (Bandelier National Monument) during our recent New Mexico workshop with Ron Reznick.

The entire session was a blast, the group was very friendly, comfortable and collegial, and when Ron said that the information would be flowing like a fire hose, he wasn't kidding - LOL.

All were taken with the D200. I hope that these appear bright enough on a PC monitor, even though Ron used his Eye One Match spectrophotometer to calibrate my PowerBook's monitor . . .

Stream: Sigma 10-20 @ 14 mm, f/11, 1/15 s, ISO 200 with polarizer and 2 stop grad N.D. filter:

80946751.original.

Wall - Sigma 10-20 @ 17mm, f/8, 1/125 s, ISO 320 with polarizer:

80946792.original.

Skull cave - Nikon 18-70 @ 31mm, f/8 1/320 s, ISO 200:

80946811.original.

Talus and cliffs - Nikon 18-70 @ 25 mm, f/8, 1/125 s, ISO 200:

80946827.original.

Eric

P.S. to Ron - Yeah, I realize that I just about blew the red channel on a couple of these. I'll do better with my WB settings next time - LOL.

2. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Wow. I really like the Skull Cave shot. Good eye.

And what a pleasure to meet you this last weekend. Now I can put a face behind the camera.

John P.

3. Hey John -

Same here - it was my pleasure to meet you, and to benefit from your gentle and wise input, and your kind demeanor.

For some of us of a certain age, the skull cave might remind of the old comic strip and more recent movie "The Phantom"???

Your pal,

Eric

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Kind demeanor ? Oops. :wink: Don't let anybody know about that, eh? I've got a rep to maintain... :cool:

And yes, that same concept did occur to me (and I'm easily old enough to remember The Ghost Who Walks).

Actually not a bad movie, either.

John P.

5. Nice series, Eric. I know what you mean about the red channel!!

6. Kinda reminds me of He-Man.