Banding eaglets 5/17/2007

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, May 21, 2007.

1. The day was off and on as the sun would come and go making some photos tough. However it seems the weather is always in a state of poor light whenever I go on a really good eagle visit. To the eaglets it makes no difference, as they will get there blue and sliver band weather the sun shines or not.
    So this is my first banding this year and like all the rest it is always an exciting visit to a nest as this is the one and only time (barring an emergency) we get close to a nest tree and nest. At this time the nest is given a good clean out of the junk they leave in there and sometimes a bad egg. (9 photos)
    Lou

1 As we arrive at the nest location one of the adults is roosting watching us.
    507725339_e49a73e9af_o.

2. 2
    507725343_0c29c6a297_o.

3 Scott is geared up and has started the long climb
    507725345_1b90b6ef34_o.

4 He arrives at the nest in a short while (Both of these #3 & #4 I used a Better Beamer on the flash) About 200 feet and it was dark in the pines. 1 to 400 used for most photos.
    507725351_333bbc8212_o.

5 As Scott arrives at the nest he is greeted with a few flybys by you know who.
    507725355_573f1d30ff_o.

3. 6
    507725361_526491ef17_o.

507727679_01884bfa31_o.

8 An eagles view from the nest
    507727685_ee80d62a1b_o.

9 The bottom line, two beautiful eaglets all set now for a new life.
    507700094_77a57d543d_o.

4. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great series

5. Thanks Lowolf.
    Lou

6. Great post. Like the concept of eagles view..

7. Great series Lou

Love it, but I wouldn't want to climb the tree.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are just so precious:>))))
    Boy I would even climb a tree to see that...lol

Great shots Lou.

You know who in pic 7 is not a happy camper:>)))

Thanks for the pics and the view

9. great series Lou.... thanks for sharing.

10. Thank you Sam I have many of these views from the DEC as all this is just for education of the birds and helping the public understand their needs.
    A few more on my web. www.loubuscher.com
    Lou

11. Thank you Sam I have many of these views from the DEC as all this is just for education of the birds and helping the public understand their needs.
    A few more on my web. www.loubuscher.com
    Lou

12. Thank you Gary and yes the nests run on an average of about 80 to 100 feet up. Not as bad as you would think though as being a retired Telephone man and climbed many poles the hooks used on trees are different and it is hard for one to cut out but it does happen and there is a teather safety line in place from the very first time the tree was climped. If not a Pine than no hooks are used as they will kill the tree so it is climbed as it it were a rock climber. Just think of what the feeling must be as you poke your head over that edge.:eek::eek:
    Lou

13. Thanks for the link. Looks like you are doing photography for almost about 60 years now. Wow.

Enjoyed the shots at your site. The ugly years etc.

But I liked this one a lot (another Eagle's view concept.).
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the conservation efforts that you guys are in.

14. Thanks Gale and yes that is MOM and she has if you look close a damanged flight feather on her left wing (right side of photo) and she is the one in all three as you can see that feather. Not to worry about her though as she has been around the block with us for awhile but they both were out harrasing Scott as he was trying to cath those little devils for banding. I tried to get both in one photo but could not.
    Lou

15. Great series. I wouldn't have climbed though.

16. Thank you Paul and this is the very reason I do what I do and that is to share with the public the things needed to help keep this great bird going and not let it slip back to where it was in the low 1960s.
    LOu
    www.loubuscher.com

17. Come on Alex sure you would if they let you. Someones gotta do it.:biggrin:
    Lou

18. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Fabulous!!!!

19. Great series Lou. Thanks.

20. A great word for it Lisa, yes two more bald eagles into this world is as you say FABULOUS Thanks for the look.
    Lou