Bandon Beach, Oregon

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D800, 24-70 2.8

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Real Name
Alvin
Outstanding image.

The rock outcrops on the beach and the sea stacks are amazing at Bandon.
Looks like you had some nice soft light plus some color.

Alvin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding image.

The rock outcrops on the beach and the sea stacks are amazing at Bandon.
Looks like you had some nice soft light plus some color.

Alvin
Thanks Alvin...

After six or seven days on the Coast without any decent light, I was thrilled out of my mind to have a night with some soft light and color at Bandon.

Glenn

Great composition and beautiful tonalities Glenn. Although the placement of an object in the dead center of the frame is usually a poor visual design in this particular case it is not. I find a great balance between the rock in the foreground and those in the background.
I just wonder if you had to use a graduated ND filter for this shot. It seems to me that the background was brighter than the foreground but that is only my perception.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Great shot Glenn, nice exposure and settings. Well done.
Thanks Rob

Excellent image, Glenn!
Thank you Klaus-Peter

I agree with K-P
Thanks Les

Great composition and beautiful tonalities Glenn. Although the placement of an object in the dead center of the frame is usually a poor visual design in this particular case it is not. I find a great balance between the rock in the foreground and those in the background.
I just wonder if you had to use a graduated ND filter for this shot. It seems to me that the background was brighter than the foreground but that is only my perception.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.
Thanks William...I appreciate your comments. At first, I attempted to compose the photograph with the large rock placed in a rule of thirds composition. But, no matter where I placed the tripod, I couldn't make it work. The seastacks in the background would no longer be positioned the way I wanted them...and I really wanted to position the water connecting the ocean with the tidepool away from the center of the frame. Overall, I think it did work for this particular scene. I settled for placing the big rock in the lower portion of the frame even if it had to be centered horizontally.

I applied a graduated ND filter in post as I liked how it brought out the colors in the sky. You have a good eye!

Glenn

Wonderful shot Glen. Especially the composition creates very good balance. Have you added the purple cast during PP (split toning)?. Personally, i would have preferred a slightly warmer tone. But, i have to admit that your shot is quite serene with your current processing. Warmer tone might not have given that.

Wonderful shot Glen. Especially the composition creates very good balance. Have you added the purple cast during PP (split toning)?. Personally, i would have preferred a slightly warmer tone. But, i have to admit that your shot is quite serene with your current processing. Warmer tone might not have given that.
Thanks Mathan...

Yes, the purple cast was emphasized during PP. I played with it both ways (warm and cool) and preferred the cooler tone for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll prefer the warmer tone. The good thing is that I always keep the raw files and can process them again and again.

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom