Banhup & Woody treatment on one image

I took an image that I had had a few attempts at processing previously and applied Banhup's method of processing to it and then Woody's skin treatment. My wife has very pale skin and I always have trouble getting it to look just right, and I normally try to warm it up a bit.

I'm interested in what you all think. I could have lightened the background a bit I think.

Last 'normal' processing attempt:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Banhup'd & Woody'd:

Thoughts?

I actually think her skin looks amazing without the processing.

DAB

Thanks both. The Banhup treatment does exaggerate the colours and saturation which is probably why the WB looks off - all the colours are off compared to real-life. I think the second image 'pops' a bit more although everything is saturated.

Here's another one with less saturation:

see no white balance issue.
I think they are both quite beautiful
How about inbetween

Thanks Gale. I just timed my post after yours. There is an in-between version above your post :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your first attemps looks too dark for my taste. The in-between version I think is better, but her skin has some colour cast I do not like. I'm not sure, maybe a little blue-ish? The original version I like better with respect to that.

Thanks Daniel. I think the colour cast has come from the multiply blend that I used as it saturates the colours. The Banhup method may work better on tanned or dark skinned people.

Simon, I like the original the best - she has amazing skin tone - i wouldn't try to improve on something already great -

C

cuss2much

what is the banhup method...?
the second picture looks more 'real'...

Simon, I like the original the best - she has amazing skin tone - i wouldn't try to improve on something already great -
Thanks Stephanie :smile: I do like the original. I have always really liked the images that Banhup presents and wanted to see what effect his method would have on one of mine. Of course, this was a one-off exercise and I do not want to try and copy someone else's style.

what is the banhup method...?
the second picture looks more 'real'...
Thanks. Interesting that you think the second picture looks more real. Just shows that each viewer has a different impression of what looks true to life since many have said that the first or third look best.

Banhup posted some information on how he post processes his images in this thread:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=113699

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom