Bapak Jingga of Bali

I just returned from a photo-safari to Bali, my favorite photography hunting ground. This was a promise that I made to a photography friend which I finally fulfilled after more than a year.

We landed at lunch time, had a bite while waiting for our friend Sanny from Sabah and soon after he arrived, the 8 of us were on our way toward Tanah Lot where we had our first shoot of bapak Jingga at his home.

Allow me to present bapak Jingga who was a real sport throughout the shoot. Shot with Nikon 28-70mm/2.8.

#1 This was my very first shot of him and my very first shot of the trip. An auspicious start.
TBH7016-2-copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Taken by the family well.
3763255675_9dd50ae47d_o.jpg

3764053832_04ac4e04b2_o.jpg

Banhup.. hope you are well my friend! Beautifully rich imagery as always my friend! :eek:

G :cool:

I am well and hope you are too. Don't shoot much nowadays except for these trips. Thanks for the nice comments!

Excellent job Banhup! Great as always. What a model!

He was indeed. We had an hour with him before we adjourned to Tanah Lot to shoot the temple against the setting sun. I am not much of a landscape person but had to give it a go. Here is one.

TBH7467-copy-copy.jpg

Your photo's are in a league of their own! Absolutely Magnificent!!

You are so kind. Thanks Steve!

Thanks Mark! Bali is a wonderful place esp for photography. I might even organize another safari soon...

Thanks Charlie! #3 has some blown highlights which is less obvious in B&W. Anyway I love that pose.

I enjoyed your photos, but my first thought was "how old is this guy?" I hope that is not an inappropriate question...but I had to ask.

I shared the photo with my wife, a lifelong vegetarian. When she asked me how old I thought he was, I told her he was a 32 year old vegetarian.lol

As always, a very nice experience viewing your photos. I was wondering, what F/ stop do you usually use? The detail is excellent! Thanks.

Thanks Rick!

I usually shot wide open for portraits. For this series I shot at f/3.2-3.5.

I enjoyed your photos, but my first thought was "how old is this guy?" I hope that is not an inappropriate question...but I had to ask.

I shared the photo with my wife, a lifelong vegetarian. When she asked me how old I thought he was, I told her he was a 32 year old vegetarian.lol

That's a good one! :biggrin: He's in his seventies actually. Thanks Keith.

Latest threads

Top Bottom