Bargain Frames

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman3, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Just thought I'd point this out ....

I've been doing quite a bit of printing (on a new Canon Pro-100, great photo printer!), and decorating the walls of my home office. I found some simple but quite nice frames at Hobby Lobby that I am extremely impressed with!!

_DSC4544.JPG

Besides a nice, and simple, look .... these things are incredibly inexpensive!!

IMG_2170.jpg
    Since Hobby Lobby seems to always have frames "on sale" for 50% off, these work out to less than $5 each!! They are made of black plastic with a piece of real glass that snaps into place.

Just thought someone else might be interested!!

Cheers!!

Ken

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks for the posting! Even when framing something with a custom mat, I always choose Hobby Lobby. Our local Hobby Lobby's honor the 50% off all the time...not just during a sale promotion.

I have found the framing quality top notch!

3. Looks good. As luck would have it, a week after I got my Canon Pixma Pro-100 a new Hobby Lobby store opened about 10 miles from me. Haven't been in there yet but maybe I'll be shopping for picture frames soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good luck and enjoy!! These frames are really nice. FYI - I print on the 13x19 paper with a 1/2" to 3/4" white border. They look GREAT!!

Ken

5. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

We just got a new Hobby Lobby in our area so your post couldn't have been more timely. Thanks, Ken!

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are now my #1 stop for custom framing and mat cutting. Only problem, if I want something on a Sunday, they are closed. Guess that means I need to do a better job of planning!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I finally got to our new HL store today. They had a fairly large selection of frames, but none like you are showing; in fact there were no 13 x 9 frames. They had one type of 14 x 11 but not nearly as attractive as those in your pictures.

p.s. I did find them on the HL website, but the shipping charge is about the same as the price of a frame. :(

8. Interesting ... the pic's above are screenshots from their website so there is that option, but as you noted the shipping charge does cut into their thrifty nature!!

I do notice at our local store that these frames are not right in with the others. They're kind of on a spot of their own near the poster prints, art supplies, etc.

I have found the exact frame (different branding) at Michaels as well ... but the price is a bit higher, and the only "deal" I have seen is "buy one, get one for 50% off" which means they are still a bit higher in cost ("higher" being a relative term ... ~ $6 vs ~$10 :))

Hope you can locate them as they are a really nice way to display your prints at a very moderate price point!!

Ken

9. Thanks for the tips, Ken. Perhaps I didn't look in the right place. Having never been in one of those stores I didn't think to look elsewhere.

My wife also suggested Michaels, but I haven't gotten there yet. Looks like I need to make another trip out that way sometime soon.

10. For what it's worth, Michael's give you an AARP discount.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I went back by this morning as I was in the area and I did find these frames. As you suggested, there is a huge art department back in a corner of the store with a huge selection of frames. I searched diligently and could find nothing in 13 x 19. I even enlisted the help of the store manager as he was coming out of his office, and he couldn't find them either. I gave up and was headed for the door when I happened to notice another display that was not obvious, but there they were, in many sizes.

I didn't buy any as they were not on sale. The manager said they go on sale about every second week, so I'll need to make yet another trip. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.