Barking Up the Wrong Tree?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Um, I'm using Safari 1.3.2 (at Becky's house.) C;mon Apple. The web is a well understood standard. How tough is it to make pages that any browser can see!

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ok, I'm using a third party browser now, Firefox. Very cool textures Ray!

I dunno about the bellz&wissles in the mobile.me gallery though. I like it simple!

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Runs ok in IE7, I like the first and last images a lot. Thanks Ray

4. It's only f-r-u-s-t-r-a-t-i-o-n I know (sung to the tune of "Fascination"!:smile:

Thanks Chris - still experimenting with developing. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I need to reduce developing time a bunch to accomodate scanning. Oh and I agree about me.com - even the new name is repulsive - too much "me" ness going on the world as it is.

Thanks and I quite agree! To quote Mr. Toad (of "Wind and the Willows" fame)
    "Just foolin' about with boats (the Mamiya C330)".:biggrin: Ray

5. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I've been using Firefox, gave up on the other browsers a while back.:smile:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Well, it's a nice set of images, each one is tied to the others.

You say that you are developing less. Than you did when developing for enlarger printing, or less than, say, the Massive Chart, or Fuji recommends? I try to keep my negatives universal, so I can still print them if I so choose to do.

7. Nice set.

I suppose they meant for people to not be able to use the images elsewhere?

This is why I pay Lunarpages $7 a month for a simple hosted site. I can do whatever I please with it!

8. Chris, no, I'm saying I need to develop less. I'm not happy with the lighter tones not enough detail in the highlight areas.
    Ed, I think it has more to do with the push nature of me.com. I will say that it's a piece of cake uploading to the galleries now. Also, the more I look the more it becomes apparent everything is geared toward steering folks into using the latest OS X and buying the latest iWeb app. Integration is all well and good but might Apple be getting dangerously close by forcing so much use of proprietary apps that they're getting into the territory that got MS in trouble a few years back. By the way I owe you a double set of thanks - for your comment and the referral about Lunarpages. I'll check the site out tomorrow.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I heartily agree on that front! Push is an idea that came and went! I really much prefer the PULL concept of RSS and ... duh, http!

As far as I can tell, push is a technology for lazy users and developers with more time and money than sense!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.