Barn quilts

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Pa, Oct 10, 2017.

1. We have a friend who has a project making these barn decorations and selling them to benefit the local library. She has done over a hundred of them. She has asked me to come out and photograph them and I'm just starting.

DSC_5963-XL.

_D722607-XL.

D722603_Cr-XL.

_D722609-XL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Barn quilts are new to me, but they look great. That last one done in B&W would make for a great focus tuning target for a long lens!

3. After all the work that goes into one of those quilts I can't believe they hang them on their barn. Strange.

4. Gordon, they are not quilts in the usual sense. They are painted on metal plates so they're very durable.

5. I see said the blind man as he stumbled into the ditch at the side of the road.

6. Thanks for wading into that one--- I thought they were fabric too . . . .:oops:

7. My father always said "I see, said the blind man to his deaf daughter".

8. Nice...I like barn quilts!

Glenn

9. This is such a GREAT project. I look forward to seeing the results of photographing the others.

10. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Those are neat! I've never seen anything like them.

11. Thanks all. If you are interested the web page for the project is Barn Quilts | Craig County VA | Craig County library

12. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
  13. The barn quilts are nice...I thought they are fabric also. But it is the beautiful scenery and wonderful barns that I am enjoying.

14. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    These are great, Jim. They have these in some places along Maryland's eastern shore and in the southern Maryland farms. Remarkable.

15. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    Nice project. All nice compositions and exposures. The last image is special to me.