Barnegat Light Jetty - The Conclusion

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gordon Large, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Here are the rest of the best. :smile: I learned an important lesson the hard way on this shoot - always have a flash mounted and ready for fill or catch-lights or just plain lousy light. I've got a lot of images that would have been very good with a little boost from flash. Also needed at Barnegat - a 600/4 with whatever TC works best with it. If I win the lottery on Saturday anyone want to carry it? Good pay, totally unreasonble hours... :rolleyes:

Enjoy -
    Gordon

Here are two Brant photos take when the light had turned really lousy. I'm including them because the birds are beautiful. The images could have been too if I had a flash mounted and ready to firs.

2. These are beautiful Gordon!! I esp like the "peeps" in #3 and #4 - the compositions and that blue blurred background work well. The Harlequins (I think??) show beautiful detail in the feathers and drops of water beading up on the ducks.
    Good luck in the lottery!! I'd carry that 600 just for a chance to see the nice birds !!

3. Very nice again it sure was hard carryign all the gear out on those rocks, and dangerous the walk back from the end seemed to take forever.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Gordon,

Hey I will take turns with Andrea carrying stuffffff

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Andrea aka Anne (which is the real name?) It's a deal. If I win the lottery and you play sherpa with the 600, I'll even let you use it! That is, if you can still stand up after a mile on the jetty. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Gordon

6. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Mike. I'll walk the jetty again, probably lots of times, but I gotta admit I was scared to death! :eek:

Gordon

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks again, Gale. I'm not sure you two will take turns. More likely Andrea will hold one end while you hold the other! :rolleyes: To put that into perspective and make it PC, I suspect Mike and I would have to do the same. :biggrin:

Gordon

8. Wow Gordon these are great. I am learning with our weather here in the PNW a flash would help as well. I am going to have to try this.

9. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    take sharp. great job

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Very nice shots Gordon and number 4 would be my favorite.