Barnegat Light Part II

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jan 2, 2006.

1. WOW!!! I really have to learn your technique!
    Dave

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Mike. Excellent use of the BB. :smile:

3. great shots Mike. Cant believe nobody joined you for this.

You have to show me how to use the ff.

4. Wow I really like these. The BB was a great asset as well. I need to get one.

5. Very nice shots Mike, all of them. Shorebirds are my favourite bird subject. I am so envious of that Purple Sandpiper shot, as it is the one regular North American shorebird I have never seen. Great shot on that one. We have the Rock Sanpiper which is the Purple's west coast cousin.

I gotta get me a BB as well, as I like to use fill flash a lot too. How much does it extenmd the regualr flash; i.e. 25%, 50%, 100% ??

Great stuff man!

Tim

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I think those shot are awesome. Great detail and lightning. As a newbie in flash photography (just got a SB800) I don't know what a Better Beamer is. Sure looks like it's effective.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Excellent example of how to use your tools well!!
    I do really dig my BB but got to watch you don't point it at direct light almost burned through my SB800, OUCH!!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Torben,

Check out this link: Better Beamer

9. Mike, these are excellent. I sure like what the BB does for an image.

10. OMG Mike, these are absolutely awesome. These are tough birds and some of your best bird shots ever! Wow wow wow, did I say wow!

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks for the link. Looks very interesting.

12. Mike, a question--I noted in the Exif of some shots it seems you used flash with speeds over 1/250 which I believe is the sync of the D2x, yes? Does that mean you are using Auto FP High-speed synch? But I thought that greatly decreases your flash output, and I'd read that it shouldn't be used with long lenses. So can you "illuminate" a little bit what you are doing here, flash-wise? I am curious because now that I have the D200 I also have Auto FP but I have it set to "off"...

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Incredible!

14. Great series Mike, and you do great with that BB. Have yet to use mine?? That second last one, plover I think rocks!!

15. Mike, I think you've outdone yourself with those. WOW!!! :biggrin:

16. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, those are great some great shots.

17. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    Mike, it simply doesn't get any better than these shots. Great work.

18. Great shots Mike! I'll have to go and find part one of this series and have a look...

19. Dave
    Here it is in a nutshell point and shoot massive amounts of shots one or two will coem out ok