Barnegat Part III Asst Birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Mike. :smile:

It's weird how much more difficult it seems to be to get shots in focus of walking or swimming birds for me than when they are flying. For the most part, flying birds follow a somewhat predictable path. When walking or swimming their motions seem a lot more jerky to me. :rolleyes:

2. Excellent shots Mike with #3 and #4 being my favorites. What a cute little bird those long tailed ducks are.

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Mike

Excellent once again...what more can I say?

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Mike - No need to make excuses on any of these shots. They are very good. Did you take these before Harris and I got there (a little after 8am)? I hope you say "yes", because otherwise I've got to get my eyes checked. :confused:

Gordon

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Dynamite shots Mike!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Mike the entire series has been a great pleasure to view. Nice work as usual.

Got the calendar...That is a big calendar. Job well done my Friend.

Nice.. Cover and 3 months....heehee bring your special pen to Merritt 3. You got some signing to do :>)))))

7. Frank It was very hard to get the focus on the bobbing birds it kept losing focus lock

8. Gordon I twas the first tim I have ever seen this species they very cool to watch

9. Jim
    I wish these guys were closer or I had longer glass but I just wanted to get them on record

10. Gordon
    Thanks I think these were taken afet that remmebr I ddint run into you much later cause I was further out on the jetty

11. Thanks Steve.

12. Gale
    Wow that is cool thanks for supportign the zoo, I would be honored to sign it.. Will pack a sharpie

13. Along with everything else, I'm pretty much impressed that you know the names of all these birds! :eek:

Nice set Mike!

14. I know what you mean Mike. I was out in my kayak the other day trying to get closer to a flock of Long-tails, but even then I could only manage about 100 feet before they would take off. If I could find a location where they frequent close to the shore, I would set up my blind there. They have always been one of my favourite ducks (along with Harlequin) here on the coast.

Cheers
    Tim

15. These are great shot of duckies i have never seen before...