Barnegat Part IV

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jan 4, 2006.

1. OK I promise no more :smile: These are the last from my trip on New Years Day
    Some Gull shots
    original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

Brent...I think
    original.

Surf Scoter a little noisy shot at ISO 640
    original.
    Female Scoter... I believe
    original.
    Common Loon taken before there was any sun a little blue but this is how it looked real early
    original.

2. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Nice captures, Mike

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Another nice set Mike. I have to add, that I certainly never get tired on seeing your excellent images. Gives me something to shoot for. :smile:

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Mike - More great shots. You had quite a day! Even though I thought that shooting gulls was considered really bad form (I don't know why though as they are beautiful birds - just too easy, I guess), my favorite by far is your gull "portrait". I really like when folks capture images with unusual perspectives or behaviors.

Gordon

5. Thanks John, a lot of folks dont like gulls but I find them kind of cool

6. As yours do for me, I was inspired by those eagles at the dam.. I sure hope the eagles cooperate in FLA

7. Gordon
    I like shooting gulls first i find them pretty and make for good targets when practicing and then there are the days when there is nothing else to shoot.

8. I will take the Surf Scooters for 200. Those other gulls or rat birds as we call them out here...

9. Your images are always nice Mike no matter what you are shooting. I enjoyed seeing these.

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

never tired, always look, always enjoy

11. Another nice set Mike. I must say that I really like the lighting on that first gull shot. I definitely need bigger glass if I am going to capture the Scoters around here. Just no way I can get close to them, either from land or by boat.

Great work :smile:
    TIm

12. Tim
    Thanks for the kind words, I too could use longer glass at thsi place

13. I must be the minority I sort of like gulls the surf scoters were real cool to watch