Barns Swallows, Reifel Bird Santuary, Vancouver, Part 1

Discussion in 'Birds' started by andreasb, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I had to go to Vancouver this weekend (Mother-in laws Birthday Party...) so I went a day early and spent a day with my Friend Elisabeth who is a birder at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary, just south of Vancouver.

At the Gate we where greated by some Barn Swallows and I have been itching to get really close to them for nice full frame shots. Well in some cases i had to back off, I was too close.... It is hard ot get decent DOF at that close range but I'll take it :biggrin:

Teaser: I have 4 GB to PP from this day, more stuff is coming later....

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Wow Andreas I cant wait for more! The background in 4 and 5 are a real nice touch to the already lovely shots. Sheesh DOF right:) is this at 500mm??

3. Thanks Jonathan, I have Wood Ducklings later in the 4 GB, REALLY closeup, and Yep, 500mm shot with a 300mm F2.8 AF-SII with a TC17EII.

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    These are simply stunning! I love the colors and background.

5. Those are some Really nice shots Andreas

6. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    I do livek the lat 4 pics. Very nice.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Awww to close Andreas....:>)))lol

Beautiful images

8. Andreas, what an incredible series. I really like how you've captured some many different poses. The sharpness, exposure and color in this set is stunning, with great detail in each of the shots.

Louie

9. Excellent as usual. I must admit that when I first saw "Reifel" in your comments, I thought it said "Retief" . . wouldn't surprise me at all. :)

10. Thank you!!!! It's not har dot get bokeh when you are that close I guess, DOF is harder....
    Thank you!
    Thnak you
    Thank you Galeee!
    Thanks Louie, one step out of the car and there they where resting on the fence once in a while. I just staid there and waited...
    Well Reifel fits "the Bill" as well I guess :biggrin: