Barred Owl

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Barred%20oWL%202056.

Barred%20oWL%202073.

Barred%20oWL%202050.

Attached Files:

2. Super shots Bob the detail is incredible, found my first one about a week ago.

3. Thanks Louis...shot this at the Canadian Raptor Conservancy. My first barred owl as well

4. They are so fascinating to watch. Great detail.

5. We have nothing like these in my area. First, they are adorable with those black eyes and yellow beaks. I love the expression in #2. Second, the patterns and detail of the feathers, from the "beading" around the face down to the undersides of the tail is amazing. Thanks for shooting and posting this incredible owl!

6. Very nice shots Bob. I'll have to make it up to CRC someday again.

7. Very nice Bob. I like the first one the best.

8. They are for sure
    You're quite welcome. Glad you enjoyed them
    Hey there Fred good to hear from you. James has added buildings for cooling off and indoor shots
    Thanks Allanf

9. Nice shots Bob

I'm anxious to try the indoor stuff. I saw a video of James flying the snowy against a black screen. Awesome opps

10. Very nice Bob.
    We are fortunate to have one down here in Whitby, southern Ontario. I had the opportunity to see and photograph him/her on a few occasions. They are so well camouflaged in the wild.

11. Me too. I was hoping that he would have some indoor sessions available while I was down for this trip but the only session was the outdoor one on the 17th. Still...now that I'm retired and we are thinking of moving south there will be many more opportunities.
    Thanks Peter. They are so timid for sure

12. Thanks very much.