Barred Owls in Flight

Taken today. I did not think it was that hard to get these guys in flight.

1230842767_ZqjcD-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1230767998_Y6QkQ-XL.jpg

1230843497_riCwg-XL.jpg

Amazing! I love that second pic. I didn't realize how powerful their legs are. They look like you photoshopped rabbit legs onto him. I've seen a great horned owls here and have photographed them - but nothing like that. Thanks for sharing.

Taken today. I did not think it was that hard to get these guys in flight.

[

I'm sooooooooooooo envious!!! On the few times I've seen Barred Owls in flight it's been at dusk, not in full-on daylight/sunshine!! If/when I finally get to Florida I'll be asking for tips on where to find these sunshine-loving owls!! :smile:

--Sarah

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful! Shots like these may not be hard for you - but for someone who's never even seen an owl in the wild - these shots are the things of dreams!

Well done!

Beautiful! Shots like these may not be hard for you - but for someone who's never even seen an owl in the wild - these shots are the things of dreams!

Well done!

Karen

These shots where hard to get, trying to focus on this bird and get the right composition, I got a work out.:biggrin:

I'am lucky to live in a place that we have them.

Thanks for looking

Really cool flight shots. Oh how I wish we would see them more around here. I heard a barn owl scream just about a half hour ago, but I haven't seen one in more than a year.
Again, those are just wonderful flight shots, that second one is just too cool.:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom