Barrel

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by rodneyAB, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I like this one very much. Great DOF and wonderful range of tones. I would be inclined to crop just a tad off of the left side and use the barrels as my left frame.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The new hassy, eh? Nice! Is the location of the illuminated white wall among the buildings on the right of the frame in this?

3. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Oh no... he's got a Hasselblad. I just spent a bunch of money on Leica stuff and now you're trying to make me want to get another Hasselbad?! I'll forever rue the day I sold my 500CM.

Nice photo. Very serene. Such a shame the front barrel is slightly out of focus though. Not that you seem adverse to shooting at the same location more than once ;) 

Chris

4. 81729885.

cropped just a tad

5. No, this location is further up the San Andreas fault line, in Marshal.
    the sites are about equidistant from where i live, but the TorpedoWharf is down 101, and MarshalBoatWorks is right on 1, to get to Marshal, i drive the Marshal Petaluma road, which is a curvy bumpy up and down beat up two lane road that is in someplaces so socked in fog that you have to get out of the truk to see what to do next, i've been traveling this road alot this past year since i saw a photo posted by a visitor from Austria(cant remember name) along this road, i had to go find his photosite.
    one of the first shots i did out this road, with the D2Hs and a 28mmf3.5PC

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Was it the President of Collieforneeya? Did you know that the 101 of my online persona comes from the highway in southern CA of the same number? (It follows the coast from Oceanside to Torrey Pines.)

I love that shot!

7. yeh i knowed that from your blog:wink:

check this thread, i went looking for this vehicle, but it was not on the Tomales Petaluma road, instead it was on the Marshal Petaluma road, both roads incidentally, connect Hwy 1 with Hwy 101
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=80588&highlight=Tomales+Petaluma+road

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. oh no i'm not adverse to shooting the same site over and over. last nite was the first chance i've had to see any results from the 500CM, so hopefully i can get better control of the lens, a 1972 Zeiss Distagon C 50mm, and by way of excuse, i need to work on focusing at night, this was shot well past sunset, very hard to use the ground glass in the dark, probably f5.6

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hmmmm. Maybe his lens is sitting there, but he's looking on the wrong road. Bummer. I was recently burgled, but made a 95% recovery within hours. I hate thieves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.