Bartender

From the eighth roll through the Leica. Am I getting it? I dunno.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's another from the same roll:

Thanks for looking and please, tell me what you think!

Both very cool.

Not sure what it is you are supposed to be getting, but I like these.
Thanks Ed. I got the rangefinder camera to learn to shoot at the appropriate times, to best capture the essence of interaction. There is a lot more to it than just watching and waiting! I keep going back to that Gary Winogrand movie. It takes keeping the camera in my hands all the time.

the fiirst shoot is pretty kool..uh,..let me wonder out loud..could you have gotten this kool of a shoot with a 28-70 f2.8 beastie mounted to an
F5....:biggrin:

Thanks Ed. I got the rangefinder camera to learn to shoot at the appropriate times, to best capture the essence of interaction. There is a lot more to it than just watching and waiting! I keep going back to that Gary Winogrand movie. It takes keeping the camera in my hands all the time.
Ah, well I just went and read a bunch about Mr. Winogrand. Interesting.

I'd say my favorite natural use of a camera still has to be my own kid. He mostly shoots feet and other silly things, but some of his shots of his brother are simply hilarious. And quite well timed.

I have resisted trying to teach him what a "good" photograph is, and just let him have at it. Only problem really is the shutter lag and AF on the cameras I let him use. The boy needs a rangefinder maybe?

I like the bartender shot. Perhaps a bit more burn or recovery on the background hilites..? How many of those bartender shots did you make? Looks like a few more of the same ilk would make an entertaining series.

The one with the two maidens could stand severe cropping at the top. Like just above the reflectors on that trailer body.

Keep yer eyes on the road!

Both of 'em would benefit from more "pop".

the fiirst shoot is pretty kool..uh,..let me wonder out loud..could you have gotten this kool of a shoot with a 28-70 f2.8 beastie mounted to an
F5....:biggrin:
The guy probably would have liked that. When he saw I took his picture, he told me about his D200 and brand new 70-300 lens.

Ah, well I just went and read a bunch about Mr. Winogrand. Interesting.

I'd say my favorite natural use of a camera still has to be my own kid. He mostly shoots feet and other silly things, but some of his shots of his brother are simply hilarious. And quite well timed.

I have resisted trying to teach him what a "good" photograph is, and just let him have at it. Only problem really is the shutter lag and AF on the cameras I let him use. The boy needs a rangefinder maybe?
I hand my camera to Sam occasionally, and he'll nervously take a shot and give it right back. Olivia otoh, who is six, has two cameras of her own. I will ask if she wants to post something.

I like the bartender shot. Perhaps a bit more burn or recovery on the background hilites..? How many of those bartender shots did you make? Looks like a few more of the same ilk would make an entertaining series.

The one with the two maidens could stand severe cropping at the top. Like just above the reflectors on that trailer body.

Keep yer eyes on the road!

Both of 'em would benefit from more "pop".
Thanks Stephen! Well then, here's one more from the 'bar series':

I'll work on cropping the chicks under the truck, but I suspect it's a binner.

By pop, do you mean mid-tone contrast?

M

matthew.paul

Good stuff Chris! I like the dynamic feeling of the first one, and that last one of the bar is supurb! I'm just not a fan of that 2nd one :(

I'll work on cropping the chicks under the truck said:
I spec' yo's right.

Yeah.

2nd bar shot is VG. The atmosphere is right there. That martini don't look too shabby either. um... The happy hour approacheth...

BTW, :cool: nice avatar.

Top Bottom