1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baseball Apr. 19

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Apr 19, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This afternoon's sun was so harsh, I think that I wore the letters off the eV compensation button. It's so nice having dry weather so the kids can play and I can shoot. These are some of the finest student athletes that I have had the privilege to be around, each and every one is a gentleman and a pleasure to associate with. All images taken with a D2H, 300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR and TC-14E II on a monopod.

Infield grounder...

Safe at second...
    View attachment 91547

Nope....he didn't make the catch...
    View attachment 91548

And the pitch...(a tad soft, sorry)
    View attachment 91549

On the way to third...
    View attachment 91550

2. Hey Frank,

Looks like you're getting in the groove. That first shot is just awesome. Does that kid play with emotion or what?? That one should be blown up real big and hung in the halls of the school. Great job there shooting!

3. Great Shots!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks guys, I'm enjoying the new glass and enjoying the added FL with the TC. Now if I can only keep up with the raging sunlight.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Excellent work. I like them all, but the last one is my fav.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Josh...the last shot is Jared. When he's not playing first base, he's playing linebacker. He is definately a stud!

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Simply fantastic....

My shoulders and jaw dropped at the same time when I saw these..

Really nice.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Rod, I am forcing myself to get accustom to having the TC on for infield plays. A tad tough to follow the action at times, but good practice.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Great shots!
    I especially like the 1st and 3rd shots.

10. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Simply amazing as usual, Frank.

The action in every image is intense, but #2 is my favorite!

11. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Wow, now that good.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent work Frank
    Just excellent

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Jeff, I still feel rusty, but doing what I can to shake it off.

Thank you Sir.

Thanks Joe, with each shooting opportunity, I feel I'm improving.

Thanks!

Thank you Gale.

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for commenting Paul. The window of opportunity for exposing a digital image wall is definately small when the sun is low and intense. I find myself praying for a light overcast when preparing for a shoot. Others in the sports forum do a wonderful job assessing the exposure settings and adjusting properly, while I struggle with getting things right. The lens and TC are a welcome pair to my camera bag, they perform even better than I aniticipated. I look forward to shooting even more now that I am using nicer gear.

16. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots Frank. The colors, cropping and timing are great. Like I mentioned before, I am really impressed with the results you are getting with the TC. I guess I am going to have to get mine out again and keep trying.

Thanks for sharing.

17. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    ok, so maybe Mike isn't our best shooter, Frank your work inspires me to do better

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Ron. I am really pushing myself to be successful with the lens and TC combination. As we all see in Mike's shots, getting close has it's distinct advantages. Shooting with a D2H also benefits from using the TC so I don't have to crop alot.

19. Frank, your sports photography just keeps getting better and better all the time. You've come a long way and now you're at the top of your game! These are terrific! You're getting the shots, great angles, great positions of the players.... keep up the great work, Frank!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.