Baseball Apr. 19

This afternoon's sun was so harsh, I think that I wore the letters off the eV compensation button. It's so nice having dry weather so the kids can play and I can shoot. These are some of the finest student athletes that I have had the privilege to be around, each and every one is a gentleman and a pleasure to associate with. All images taken with a D2H, 300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR and TC-14E II on a monopod.

Infield grounder...
77431881.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Safe at second...
View attachment 91547

Nope....he didn't make the catch...
View attachment 91548

And the pitch...(a tad soft, sorry)
View attachment 91549

On the way to third...
View attachment 91550

Hey Frank,

Looks like you're getting in the groove. That first shot is just awesome. Does that kid play with emotion or what?? That one should be blown up real big and hung in the halls of the school. Great job there shooting!

Hey Frank,

Looks like you're getting in the groove. That first shot is just awesome. Does that kid play with emotion or what?? That one should be blown up real big and hung in the halls of the school. Great job there shooting!

Great Shots!

Thanks guys, I'm enjoying the new glass and enjoying the added FL with the TC. Now if I can only keep up with the raging sunlight.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Excellent work. I like them all, but the last one is my fav.

Simply fantastic....

My shoulders and jaw dropped at the same time when I saw these..

Really nice.

Thanks Rod, I am forcing myself to get accustom to having the TC on for infield plays. A tad tough to follow the action at times, but good practice.

J

JMartin

Simply amazing as usual, Frank.

The action in every image is intense, but #2 is my favorite!

Great shots!
I especially like the 1st and 3rd shots.
Thanks Jeff, I still feel rusty, but doing what I can to shake it off.

Just excellent!

Thank you Sir.

Simply amazing as usual, Frank.

The action in every image is intense, but #2 is my favorite!

Thanks Joe, with each shooting opportunity, I feel I'm improving.

Wow, now that good.

Thanks!

Excellent work Frank
Just excellent

Thank you Gale.

Thanks for commenting Paul. The window of opportunity for exposing a digital image wall is definately small when the sun is low and intense. I find myself praying for a light overcast when preparing for a shoot. Others in the sports forum do a wonderful job assessing the exposure settings and adjusting properly, while I struggle with getting things right. The lens and TC are a welcome pair to my camera bag, they perform even better than I aniticipated. I look forward to shooting even more now that I am using nicer gear.

Great shots Frank. The colors, cropping and timing are great. Like I mentioned before, I am really impressed with the results you are getting with the TC. I guess I am going to have to get mine out again and keep trying.

Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
Randy
ok, so maybe Mike isn't our best shooter, Frank your work inspires me to do better

Great shots Frank. The colors, cropping and timing are great. Like I mentioned before, I am really impressed with the results you are getting with the TC. I guess I am going to have to get mine out again and keep trying.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ron. I am really pushing myself to be successful with the lens and TC combination. As we all see in Mike's shots, getting close has it's distinct advantages. Shooting with a D2H also benefits from using the TC so I don't have to crop alot.

Frank, your sports photography just keeps getting better and better all the time. You've come a long way and now you're at the top of your game! These are terrific! You're getting the shots, great angles, great positions of the players.... keep up the great work, Frank!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom