Baseball Individual Portraits

Every year, I break out the strobes to take some pictures of my baseball team. This year, I'm coaching a 12U team. Here are a few from the session:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glenn, I really enjoyed the entire set, however if I had to pick one it would be #2! Is that a different background?
Thanks Matt...I photograph is a composite. I took the photograph of Tropicana Field in Florida a few years ago!

Very well done! Love the creativity in poses/locations.
Thanks Paul...all images were taken at the same indoor location. I simply swapped out backgrounds for a few of them.

The Master!
Thanks Tim! :smile:

Glenn

I like #1 but it stands out as an obvious composite.

#2 is a convincing composite. Are those my seats at the trop?
Thanks...

Any suggestions as to how to make #1 less obvious? Is it too obvious because of the perspective--maybe I need to shoot from a lower angle to sell the sky as a background. Or, is it the variance in how the subject is lit versus the sky?

Those seats are the ones right behind the third base dugout at the trop. I got that shot during the Fan Appreciation Day a few years ago.

Glenn

Thanks...

Any suggestions as to how to make #1 less obvious? Is it too obvious because of the perspective--maybe I need to shoot from a lower angle to sell the sky as a background. Or, is it the variance in how the subject is lit versus the sky?

Those seats are the ones right behind the third base dugout at the trop. I got that shot during the Fan Appreciation Day a few years ago.

Glenn
I think the issue with #1 is the perspective. You are clearly shooting straight onto your subject and yet the background is a sky full of clouds. It just looks "off" to my brain. I also think your selection in the lower half is just a bit too sharp. Feathering your selection a bit would help.

My seats are between home and first. :wink:

I think the issue with #1 is the perspective. You are clearly shooting straight onto your subject and yet the background is a sky full of clouds. It just looks "off" to my brain. I also think your selection in the lower half is just a bit too sharp. Feathering your selection a bit would help.

My seats are between home and first. :wink:
Thanks...that makes sense. Next time, I'll take a few from a much lower perspective looking up at my subject when I plan to use the sky as a background.

Glenn

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom